Change the accent color on a drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

People do have their own ideas about what is fun and important for them. I suspect not many guys would buy OxyCheq's pink wing even if it were on closeout sale.

Of course if you want to be fussy then you gotta expect a little teasing. Don't bother getting upset because that would only be even funnier.

Well, color-coordinated is kinda cool even if it's quite a bit down on my list of priorities. When I shopped for my first set of gear, I made sure that my mask, my fins and my snorkel all had yellow accent color. It even matched my yellow octo hose. My second DS (Waterproof) has red/orange accent color, my current (foldable) snorkel is blue and my current fins are b-l-a-c-k. Oh well, time to try reclaiming my man card.

I suspect not many guys would buy OxyCheq's pink wing even if it were on closeout sale.
I know a few guys who use pink drygloves, they've even made a "thing" out of it. And none of those guys are the type you'd suspect to audition for Queer Eye.

….and this is a serious question?…
Shouldnt ya be more worried about your skills or who your diving with and their skills ?
Im very curious about where you dive and what makes you happy about diving. Please explain.
Obviously you dive in very clear water to be so concerned about how you look.:blinking:

People can be concerned about whatever they want. Just because this person is concerned about her (assuming her since the poster talks about buying from a woman) appearance doesn't also mean she isn't concerned about her dive skills.

It appears to me (though I may be wrong) she is less concerned about money than her appearance- I personally would rather go for the bargain than the color (most of my gear is pink, but my wetsuit is purple accent because that is what was on sale); but if color is more important to her than the bargain, why should anyone else care. She was just asking advice on whether the color could be changed; not whether color was more important than diving skills.

So regardless of why, skills, etc.... I'd guess you could have it rebuilt by a custom drysuit person like superior. However, I'd also guess it'd cost more to do all that than find a different suit that was already black...

I hope the OP never sees me dive I don't think anything I have color matches except for my two fins and the duct tape that's here and there on my gear.

I'm very OCD when it comes to color coordination. Everything has to match. I hate to sound like a snob when I ask this, ...
It is possible to get help for OCD. In the long run, that may be your best option.

Locate the coldest water you can find and dive wet for a couple of repetitive dives on a cold windy sunless day. After that you will not worry about what color the suit is.

I used yellow contact cement to modify my boots. Some of it is visible outside of the seam. I simply go over it with a permanent black marker every year. After two applications it remained black for a long time. I would not use a different marker colour because black is more permanent.

the rest of my gear is twilight purple
How much other gear? If the savings on the dry suit are good enough, you may be money ahead to get it and buy new gear to match.

I suspect not many guys would buy OxyCheq's pink wing even if it were on closeout sale.

A while back we had a closeout on drysuits with pink and purple accents. You wouldn't believe how many large bearded, manly men jumped on the suits for the price we were selling them for! :cool2:

Besides, pink is the new red in men's fashion!:D

Back
Top Bottom