pushing the limits part2: world dive record 350m in 2 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any mention of the reason he stopped short of the target depth?

So he surfaced and was healthy. That is really nice, but I hope they will tell more about diveplans, logistics, how they organised the dive.

Do you really think they are going to share that IP so that the next guy/girl can push him of his fame throne? That's one of the reasons the event (and others) was not covered in detail. Make no mistake it s a massive effort and also very risky business, Congrats must be given!!

I think the reason for not hitting 350 is that they will make another attemp in 2015/16. This was PR to get more funding/sponsors for the next attempt, something Nuno did not do.

I am all for letting people do whatever they want to do, but if you look at this list of people who have done ultra-deep recreational dives, you cannot help but notice an awful lot of them are now dead (not counting Mark Ellyatt, who probably should be dead given how bent he got).

I think they will make a new try to 350m too in 1 or 2 years. I never met Ahmed, so I don't know about the real reason why he wants to do such dives.
I like deep diving too, I don't know where my personal limit is, but I only know that 300+ is too much for me :wink:

Yes it is Nasser. Too deep for me. But if there are divecenters where you can do dives over 120m, let me know. Sadly I don't have buddy's that like such dives, and it is sooooo difficult to find a divecenter that wants to organise such a thing for you. But a 130m is a big difference with a 300+ :D 300+ is much too deep for me.

But if there are divecenters where you can do dives over 120m, let me know. Sadly I don't have buddy's that like such dives, and it is sooooo difficult to find a divecenter that wants to organise such a thing for you. But a 130m is a big difference with a 300+ :D 300+ is much too deep for me.
That shouldn't be that difficult. Try Thailand or Puerto Galera in Philippines.

speculations and rumours... love it.
Ahmed didn't turn at 332 for PR, we may do another record at some point true, but this isn't the reason why he turned. He turned, as he got a hit of HPNS which caused tremors, hence why he didn't feel comfortable going deeper.
Second, we will not be publishing the details of the plan. We plan on doing courses later where the info maybe shared. You don't expect food companies to share their recipes for free, hey?
Ahmed did the record amongst other reasons, for his country.
Hope this helps to stop the assumptions

Last edited:
speculations and rumours... love it.
Ahmed didn't turn at 332 for PR, we may do another record at some point true, but this isn't the reason why he turned. He turned, as he got a hit of HPNS which caused tremors, hence why he didn't feel comfortable going deeper.

So the nitrogen fraction was too low.

Hope this helps to stop the assumptions

Just more questions. Sam? Jaime? Jenny? Alex?

So the nitrogen fraction was too low.

Well not really, considering symptoms started showing at 290m as opposed to the normal 250m. HPNS is pretty much guarenteed at those depths.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom