Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it is a juvenile blenny - perhaps a saddled? Found one in August as well and someone suggested juvenile Rosy Blenny. I am going to pass it by a blenny expert in the coming weeks and we'll see...

View attachment 194042

Turns out this is a juvenile Parrotfish - Sparisoma sp. That includes Saddled, Reef, Stoplight, Redband, Redtail, Yellowtail, Greenblotch, Bucktooth, etc. parrotfishes. Here is another one from August:
FL_20140814_1566.jpg

We went last night to the Force E sponsored night dive at the bridge. Viz about 15, temp 82. MrChen saw an octo come out and try to take a free walking lobster--the lobster continued walking about. I found a seahorse or it me! Others saw nudis and lots of'em!

We had a great time diving. I'm still trying to figure this camera thing out. It's only my 2nd time using and I did much better than the first time. The octo was awesome and displayed some really awesome colors. The seahorse jimw found was not in a good spot with the current, but I some how managed to get in position for a few shots.

DSCN0236.jpgDSCN0246.jpgDSCN0249.jpgDSCN0251.jpgDSCN0252.jpgDSCN0253.jpgDSCN0257.jpgDSCN0260.jpgDSCN0264.jpgDSCN0265.jpgDSCN0266.jpgDSCN0273.jpgDSCN0274.jpgDSCN0275.jpgDSCN0286.jpg

So I uploaded the photos to the gallery, but how do I display those in a message easily?

Couldn't make the night dive but caught this little scorpion last Saturday sitting on that square thing under the east bridge. Giving it another go tomorrow.

016.jpg

Had a great *late night* dive last night. Mr Chen, jimw, DiveDivaDM, T.C., and whuyett all came out for it. I'd estimate vis at 15' and temp in the low 80's.

Not as many nudis as we were hoping, but there were tons of other critters, especially decorator crabs.

I found a spotted moray that was so small I was able to take a photo with the 105 and the +10 diopter.

THK5439.jpg

Also found a shy purplemouth moray, had to use the red setting on my focus light:

THK5431.jpg

Sharp Tailed Eeel:

THK5421.jpg

dondice occidentialis:

THK5436.jpg

Lomanotus

THK5442.jpg

bumblebee shrimp

THK5423.jpg

itty bitty feather worm

THK5424.jpg

Status