Website advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyR9

Registered
Reaction score
Any website experts here? I need something quick and easy for a small business project with a friend that may or may not develop into something bigger.
I've had a look around and it's very confusing, there are so many out there but these Get more when hosting your website with 1&1 seem to be along the lines of the type of thing we need.
Any advice would be gratefully received :)

It's so easy to learn html that I would suggest getting your own webspace and domain rather than hiring someone. The hosting service you mentioned is fine. I use PowWeb but they are all pretty much the same. They come with templates and you can even get advice by chat. Good luck. See my personal site here.

I do web design professionally... There are lots of sites available like 1&1... Typically a cheap domain can be had for $10-$11/yr. Hosting can be as cheap as $75-$80/yr but read the fine print!!! You do get what you pay for. Many of the sites have templates/wordpress available if you have no design experience. Pretty easy to drag and drop images, etc. Not that hard to get a web presence, but to get a good professional looking and working site, it takes more than a template. Start with good content! SI = SO.

Lots of stuff out there to help you design a site. Take the time to read and learn. Not hard, just takes time. If you have questions, pm me.

Great advice, thanks both of you.

Your site looks great, tajkd :)

I have a wordpress site and am very happy with it. It's easy to manage and looks good too. I'm not a technical person so I don't know about hosting though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom