Flights to Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always mix those two up...thx

Alice @ Worldwide Travel is the Utila rep for CM Airlines. Morgan's Travel is the Utila rep for SOSA. I've booked CM through Morgan's before, but they have to get Alice to process the reservation on the back end.

Between SOSA and CM, I prefer CM. My next trip down this winter I may end up connecting in RTB and I'd like to give Island Air a try.

I've seen Sosa put people on the ferry before and not even offer a discount.

I've been to Utila twice (Laguna Beach Resort is awesome; Newton boats, you don't have to touch your gear, laid back divemasters) and Roatan twice (Reef Gliders are also fantastic. I flew into SAP both times for Utila and am always amused by the tiny little flights from the mainland. If you're spooked on small planes or have a phobia of small spaces, it's not for you. But I actually think the tiny little open building of an "airport" and the runway with a dirt turnaround at the end are charming and part of the reason I love going to less populated locations. It was easy to get to Utila using frequent flier mileage on Delta and hopping over to SAP (from Minnesota it was easier than Roatan).

I was on Roatan in January 2014 and the daily public ferry to Utila was still unavailable as sadly Captain Vern was killed last year. So you'd have to book a private charter, unless they've started up again.

Have a great time on Utila!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom