BOAT - Bring Out Another Thousand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lloyd
Love the boat.
The only issue I see is the use of a single outboard motor. I don't know if it is possible, to use 2 motors and 2 fuel tanks but that would be my preferred option when going to sea.

4804446_20140906150418982_1_XLARGE.jpg4804446_20140906150415673_1_XLARGE.jpgHi Lloyd
I purchased this boat about ten years ago and have been on it every weekend since I have not dove from another boat since I bought my first boat (19' RIB ) about twenty years ago I kind of like the idea of only having to follow my own rules since I am after all the Captain.

I've owned a 12 1/2' Achilles inflatable, 22' Columbia sailboat and a 22' Crestliner power boat, but nothing beats the 25' C-Dory Tomcat for comfortable diving. It's a power catamaran which is an extremely stable dive platform. Twin Honda 150s, GPS, RADAR, two VHF radios, racks for eight tanks, with all the safety items we need including O2. I replaced the three rung dive ladder with a longer four rung swing ladder. It has a pilot house to get us out of the weather, full marine head, sink, stove/heater, refrigerator, table, three wide seats and queen size V-berth. My favorite feature is the hot fresh water shower on the deck to warm up and wash gear after diving.

I try not to think about the cost because if we didn't have the boat we'd probably have smart phones, tablets and eat at restaurants where the food doesn't arrive at the table wrapped in paper.

PhilsReef1_3.jpg

cid_6652e1ba_37a6_43a9_b775_bbac433e8a89.jpg

NoPressureDSC_0642.jpg

BuchanansReef_zpsc23ddc27.jpg

RadioTower26_1.jpg

Orcas3_001.jpg

Roll_Control_1.jpg

Dive_ladder.jpg

No_Pressure_lettering_7.jpg

Merry_admiring_her_baby.jpg

PhilsReef10_2.jpg

101_4640-2.jpg

We definitely made some changes that are not shown in this picture.
The ladder was changed to a 4 rung t ladder with handrails on both sides(great input from Gary of Conch Republic Divers)
Tank racks were added
The bench style seat was removed and a single Captains seat was installed(much more room)

Attachments

• overunder boat.jpg
    overunder boat.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 187
hotrod 015.jpg 15' with a 50hp merc.... $650 bucks for boat,motor and trailer.... Works perfect on the lakes of northern maine...

Jim..

I've owned a 12 1/2' Achilles inflatable, 22' Columbia sailboat and a 22' Crestliner power boat, but nothing beats the 25' C-Dory Tomcat for comfortable diving. It's a power catamaran which is an extremely stable dive platform. Twin Honda 150s, GPS, RADAR, two VHF radios, racks for eight tanks, with all the safety items we need including O2. I replaced the three rung dive ladder with a longer four rung swing ladder. It has a pilot house to get us out of the weather, full marine head, sink, stove/heater, refrigerator, table, three wide seats and queen size V-berth. My favorite feature is the hot fresh water shower on the deck to warm up and wash gear after diving.

I try not to think about the cost because if we didn't have the boat we'd probably have smart phones, tablets and eat at restaurants where the food doesn't arrive at the table wrapped in paper.

PhilsReef1_3.jpg

cid_6652e1ba_37a6_43a9_b775_bbac433e8a89.jpg

NoPressureDSC_0642.jpg

BuchanansReef_zpsc23ddc27.jpg

RadioTower26_1.jpg

Orcas3_001.jpg

Roll_Control_1.jpg

Dive_ladder.jpg

No_Pressure_lettering_7.jpg

Merry_admiring_her_baby.jpg

PhilsReef10_2.jpg
Max I looked at the Tom Cat when I upgraded the Rib but Bought the 38 Med instead never regretted it but had I not found the Med I would have bought the C-Dory TomCat
Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom