Mares M2 Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timakempton

Contributor
Reaction score
My M2 (bought as a back up and only used a few times) has been sitting in my dive box for a lot of years as I could not dive for health reasons now I am getting things back together for my grand return to the water I find that I put a fresh set of batteries in it and nothing. :depressed:

I have had a suggestion that I put in in a bucket of fresh water and soak it for a few days with the battery door off. Will this work? Can I get it repaired? I like it and it does not have enough dives on it to consign it to the garbage. I don't really have spare bucks for a new computer right now....

Had an M2 many years ago. The battery compartment is isolated from the electronics so a fresh water soak might clean the battery contacts. But just look in the compartment for corrosion.

My M2 failed in less than a year due to "button issues" which was common according to Mares. Fortunately mine was under warranty and I got free Puck out of the deal. That one is still going strong.

As far as soaking it... Are the battery terminals corroded?
If so, dab a q tip in white vinegar and clean them.

Sent from my iPhone from my momma's basement

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom