Scooter Diving with Sea Lions Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of tracking batteries, whatever happened to the idea of putting charge status lights in the clear tubing connecting the controls to the motor?

Speaking of tracking batteries, whatever happened to the idea of putting charge status lights in the clear tubing connecting the controls to the motor?

I'm looking at something now that would have more feedback than a few LEDs, but it will take more development time. It will also be an easier retrofit, but I don't want to get anyone too excited just yet.

For now we use WattsUp meters in the charger cable to track power use and check the battery voltage without opening the scooter.

I'm looking at something now that would have more feedback than a few LEDs, but it will take more development time. It will also be an easier retrofit, but I don't want to get anyone too excited just yet.

For now we use WattsUp meters in the charger cable to track power use and check the battery voltage without opening the scooter.
Great! Patiently standing-by and awaiting. . .

Gonna try and coax one more Truk trip next month Oct out of my eight-year-old Sierra X-Scooter before retiring it (i.e. Giving it away to my dive-buddy). . .

Hi Jon. Would you also recommend the 600 for diving with doubles and deco bottles? I was looking at the tahoe benchmark 2011 but it only shows data for the 1200 when dived in the tech configuration

Hi Jon. Would you also recommend the 600 for diving with doubles and deco bottles? I was looking at the tahoe benchmark 2011 but it only shows data for the 1200 when dived in the tech configuration

I'm sure Jon has more data-specific answers than I do, but I drive mine for up to several miles per dive and I'm pushing a rEvo and anywhere from a 40 and a 80 to 2x40s and 2x80s at a time through the water. No problems with even getting close to running out of juice.

The 600 was not tested as "tech" because they ran out if time and the thrust and speed are basically the same as the 1200. I dive a 600 with doubles or side mount and a stage when I take it on cave diving trips to Florida. The Genesis 600 has more range than other scooters with 650Wh to 900Wh, because it is so much more power efficient, which allows it to be smaller and lighter.

The 600 was not tested as "tech" because they ran out if time and the thrust and speed are basically the same as the 1200. I dive a 600 with doubles or side mount and a stage when I take it on cave diving trips to Florida. The Genesis 600 has more range than other scooters with 650Wh to 900Wh, because it is so much more power efficient, which allows it to be smaller and lighter.
My old X-Scooter weighs 40kg/90lbs with battery & hard travel case, and is just under the 45kg/100lbs max Check-in Luggage Weight Limit (United Airlines charged $400 each way to fly it to Kwajalein/Bikini & Truk Lagoon and back to LAX last yaar): how does the 600 compare and can I use my existing X-Scooter hard travel case to carry it?

My old X-Scooter weighs 40kg/90lbs with battery & hard travel case, and is just under the 45kg/100lbs max Check-in Luggage Weight Limit (United Airlines charged $400 each way to fly it to Kwajalein/Bikini & Truk Lagoon and back to LAX last yaar): how does the 600 compare and can I use my existing X-Scooter hard travel case to carry it?

I check the my 600s in the soft cases we make and add my wetsuit, boots and other gear to the bag to hit 50lbs. The batteries get hand carried on the plane and there's no extra baggage charges. Our prop and nozzle aren't as fragile as the thin plastic Oceanic nozzles, so a soft case works just fine. I have no idea if a 600 will fit in your case, but I have put one in the large Seahorse case before.

There's a video of the travel case here. LogicDiveGear - YouTube

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom