Dive Fitness... Would you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i never read the whole thread...but i always believe in keep fit to play sports... not play sports to keep fit....

Stretching! I am a Registered Nurse in a hospital, and my PT department conveys to me that 70% of mobility and flexibility involves stretching and mobility... NOT necessarily brute strength. How many of you have had a nasty muscle spasm while suited up or making a quick move underwater?

Yes, obesity while diving is downright dangerous due to airway and cardiac issues. My opinion is "extreme" workouts are NOT the way to go but staying in shape with moderate cardio will do you just fine for diving. All about the stretching, mobility, and flexibility.

I suggest promoting the idea to some dive clubs. People may be more interested to come to an event where they already feel a connection to other divers (and know they need it -- and who doesn't?) than to someplace where they know no one.

- Bill

Back
Top Bottom