GoPro 3 with LM 21 and 35 HID with video reflectors.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whats the thing with drysuits _BUT_ no gloves ? - cant be cold in there then.... Are wetsuits banned for cavedivers ?

Whats the thing with drysuits _BUT_ no gloves ? - cant be cold in there then.... Are wetsuits banned for cavedivers ?

The temperature is 72F. Typical dives run over two hours + deco and even in drysuits deco can get quite chilly. There is also need for the redundant buoyancy characteristics with large steel tanks.

Many of these systems are first magnitude springs requiring a diver to pull themselves in. Sharp rocks and gloves aren't the best of buddies.

Wetsuits are common for shorter dives in the summer months.

I prefer not to wear gloves when i cave dive in case I have to get on the line, it's much easier to feel it barehanded. Wetsuits are not banned, but cave dives can be long and even in water that isn't that cold you can easily start feeling discomfort. It's also a handy bit of redundant buoyancy.

As for the video, nice work. I use a gopro with UK Aqualite video lights, I like the 90 degree spread and it takes away the hard edge and pushes into the dark corners. Sometimes it's not enough light in bigger caves but works really nice in smaller ones. Here's a couple of screen grabs to give you an idea.
b6a6162a4658233236dcdb0963f6bc4a.jpg
63c33b0f7e7d05af090342707822d695.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom