Who does not like their Hog regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Fellas: When hog regulators came out I was excited about them. Yet I was also skeptical because it was a new product and I thought Id give it some time to develop a "history of problems" with other users. At that time, people were praising it for price and one time performance. They have been around and it seems like some people are not happy with them while others continue to swear by them.

Is there anyone who does not like their Hogs? Raise your hand and explain why not ...

Fellas: When hog regulators came out I was excited about them. Yet I was also skeptical because it was a new product and I thought Id give it some time to develop a "history of problems" with other users. At that time, people were praising it for price and one time performance. They have been around and it seems like some people are not happy with them while others continue to swear by them.

Is there anyone who does not like their Hogs? Raise your hand and explain why not ...

Sorry to disappoint, but I love mine. About 100 dives, they are holding up very well, still are easy to breath, a few nicks and scrapes, IP is rock solid (primary tank and bail-out bottle). I'd purchase them again.

Sorry to disappoint too, no complaints.
I haven't had to put a kit in mine yet but I don't forsee any issues.
For price and quality it's the all around best thing going.

I be on the ship that can't find any fault with them also!! I own around 10 reg sets and 7 of them are HOG. Love the ease of breathing and simplicity in rebuilding and or adjusting them. Sorry I don't have any complaints about them, however don't get me started on our current political scenario!!!

On some dives, such as where there is a bit of current, I felt that the exhaust valve on my Classic second stage let water in too easily. But if I'm not mistaken, I believe the newer product addresses that minor complaint--or if I wish, they can replace the exhaust valve. Other than that, the reg set seems rock solid. As I understand it, it's basically a tried and true design that has been around for many years, not something they did a lot of custom engineering on, so it's unlikely to have issues that only come to light after the product is introduced.

I had one reg start seeping air from the diaphram after about 20 dives, but after i rebuilt it was rock solid. I have no issues with Hog overall. I do wish i had more of them though.

love them on my doubles!
ice diving,left them lying on the ice for an hour,jumped in and no probs.
some of the other regs,however....
have fun
yaeg

I think some of the negativity towards Hog in general revolved around the fact they were new and also became the newest little darling of Scubaboard, which turned some peoples' stomachs. And of course some of this contempt was from Hog cutting into the action of other well established brands with a cutting edge marketing tool called the internet, and because they sell parts to the serious end user. Of course that's going to piss people off, how dare they!
It didn't turn my stomach, because I got one fairly early on and saw what it was, I used it, and I see that it IS a rock solid great piece of gear. No myths, no heresay.

Last edited:
I have a huge complaint........I wish they were free, other than that as a long time Apeks user I now have a stable of HOG regs and have no issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom