This is not a bag...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have the same problem. The tank float upwards and got worse as the air runs low. I even tried to strap the weight to the tank but it didn't help much. My head kept banging on the first stage.
how can I tell if it's a defective unit?
I really want to like this Jetpack. Hope the problem can be fixed somehow.

anyone else having trouble with first stage banging them in the head. Love the way it travels, but have a raw spot from the fist stage banging me. Cummerbund and back-plate not solidly connected. Tank appear to be float upward pulling away from back. At least that is what it looked like to the guide, scuba shop where I bought it and my dive partner.

Curious if there's been any update on this issue of the tank floating upwards? I'd really like to purchase one for travel, but I'm hesitant until this gets sorted out. Thanks!

So I sent by JetPack back and it was just returned to me in the mail. They added three holes to allow the water that was accumulating to escape. But I'm afraid this will make the problem of air trapping in the BCD even worse, especially when first entering the water and figuring out how much weight to use. I'll give it a try, but it looks like the problem of the tank floating away will be even worse with the "repair" they just made.

I wish I had a little more support, or someone to help me figure this out a little better. The idea of the JetPack is awesome, but now I'm not sure what to pack for a dive trip coming up. Any help would be great. It looks to me like the straps that secure the tank need to go one layer deeper. Not sure if that makes any sense to anyone.

I was hoping they would just sent me an updated model, not just punch some holes. . .

I have been putting off a purchase of the Jetpack until the problem of "air trapping in the BCD" and causing the tank to lift is fixed.

Any progress on a solution to this problem?

Last edited:
I have had this problem as well. I am a new diver, and my dive buddy noticed my tank was floating away from my back. This caused a wobbly situation where the tank would bang into the back of my head. I had only used the JetPack on about 6 dives, but now every time I use it the BCD fills up with water. Not in the air bladder, but water accumulates between layers fabric of the bcd, whith no way to dump or release it when I exit the water. The last time I used this BCD, I could not descend from the surface, nothing had changed from my previous dive with regard to my wet suit or other equipment, and I rechecked all my weights. My BCD air bladder was empty. Then I started to slowly sink and tons of air bubbles came from my JetPack. There appears to be a potential space between layers of nylon fabric that make up the BCD, when this space opens up possibly from the weight of the scuba tank out of the water, problems occur. I'm not sure if the tank banging into the head will be a problem if this problem is corrected.

I contacted my dive shop where I purchased the JetPack, they had not heard of this problem and instructed me to contact Aeris. Aeris now has had my complete JetPack system in their possession for approximately two weeks. I'm waiting to hear back. . .

I am hoping that I have a defective unit, as I really loved this BCD and how it packs up for travel. If this is something I am told to "live with" or if nothing wrong can be found with the BCD I don't think I can continue to use it.

I've had exactly the same issue, so it's not just you example. It took so long for the water to drain from the backpad part after a dive. It needs drain holes or something.. I mentioned this to the Aeris/Oceanic distibutor in Singapore and they said it was the first they'd heard.

And I also get the first stage "double tap" to the back of the head. I put this down to a sizing issue, and need to figure it out, but I really CBF now I'm using a hollis HTS2 and wing that's pretty much the same size/bulk.

I'd like to find out more about the air bladder of the Aeris Jetpack.

The internet says:
BC:

• 30lbs lift
  • 14 lbs dumpable weight / optional cylinder band trim weight = 10lbs non dump-able
  • one size fits all = custom fit for everyone: adjustable harness, cummerbund and lumbar
  • Adjustable position weight pockets
  • rugged (not your typical travel materials) construction
  • 1000 Denier Cordura construction
  • 420 denier nylon bladder material
  • Quick dry 800 denier double-coated nylon

I want to find out if it's a horsehoe-shaped bladder or a donut-shaped one, how many dump valves it has, and where the dump valves are.

I was having the same problems with the tank lifting away as it got empty. Thought it may be because I was pushing the BCD to it's limits - cold water diving, three kgs in each weight pocket and four kgs on the cam band plus wearing a drysuit. After rejigging the pack multiple times and a lot of swearing it was given one last chance. The changes I made were ensuring that the shoulder straps were long enough that the fit wasn't lifting the cumberbun under my ribs but instead leaving it round my waist and placing the carry handle over the tank valve to let the pack hang as I did up the tank straps. PROBLEMS SOLVED!!! For me atleast. I now love diving it and even with my cold water gear I can get all except the fins packed in the setup. Don't know how the others have theirs setup but I was very happy now in pitch black 13 degree water

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom