Atlantis resorts (Puerto Galera and Dumaguete) February 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But it would actually be fun if one of the Philippine folks (Andy?) would put together a map that pointed out the sites that people commonly reference, like Anilao, Mindanao, Subic Bay, Tubbataha, etc.

Its pretty rough but here ya go....The basic map i got from Siren Fleet and I made a few crude additions :dork2:
philippines_map.jpg

Nice, Susie!

There's a Techasia Charter on the the Rags II Liveaboard 29 May to 07 June 2015 on the Reefs, Wrecks and Caves of Mindoro --full logistics, tech and mixed gas support. Embarks usually from Puerto Galera. Fun and good functional amenities, not luxurious but comfortable for a small liveaboard. Been highly recommending this itinerary to American DIR Divers now for the past five years (and you saw finally for yourselves the quality of the TechAsia Dive-ops in Puerto Galera). . .

Rags Two - Liveaboard diving to Apo Reef, Coron, El Nido and around Mindoro on Vimeo
http://www.asiadivers.com/news/tech/technews.html
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rags-II/162588434301

Last edited:
As an update, we just finished our second trip to Dumaguete. Often, when you first go somewhere, it's so new and exciting you forgive some small stuff, but when you go back and the novelty is gone, you're not as impressed. That was not the case at Atlantis Dumaguete. We encountered the exact same superb level of service we did in February, and I believe that everyone in the group we brought was thoroughly pleased. I was delighted that people not only remembered us, but remembered our NAMES -- quite something when you consider we had only been there once before.

They have improved the coffee, although I'd still place it at hospital grade. A friend discovered that a double shot Americana made a MUCH better cup, and I wish I'd tried that earlier in the trip.

Nudibranchs are apparently seasonal, so we saw fewer on this trip, but in exchange, we saw a whole slew of flamboyant cuttlefish and a wonderpus, so I'd call it even. Visibility this trip was better in both sites (coastal and Apo). One of the sites we dove at Apo Island has to take the prize for the most diverse and beautiful corals I've seen anywhere.

Two nights, we got critter information lectures from Marco, which I found enormously interesting and most useful in helping me find and identify stuff, and also know what to try to show in my photographs. I wish they had those every night.

At any rate, we had another fantastic trip, and Atlantis will continue to get my strong recommendation as an excellent destination.

Thanks Lynne!

You and Peter can come dive with us anytime! We'll try to have some new critter presentations when you guys come back. And have them more often. And hopefully I'll get assigned to your group next time.:D

-marco

Can we get you lent to Puerto Galera? I think we are going to go there with the next group :)

Can we get you lent to Puerto Galera? I think we are going to go there with the next group :)

Sure! Just mention it to Andy Pope! If he says I go to Puerto Galera to dive with you guys then that's what I'm doing! :D We can do our critter presentations at the 50 Bar!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom