Uwatec smart pro battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uwatec Smart Pro does that. Temperature will stop blinking tomorrow. I don't remember first hand what happens to the wrench symbol (it's been a while since i messed with my computer), but as I understand post #70 the wrench will disappear also.

I've chance testing the smart pro after changing battery yesterday. the result has 0.3~0.4m difference. may i ask what can i do the calibrate the difference?

thank you all

maybe...i have two smartZ, one normal and one Nitrox, and i change the battery myself..try with a new same battery to wake up the computer, this way : sold a cable at each pole of the battery(or use cables with clip) and put eache cable on the appropriate button on the computer...this means as a reset.

hello

Thanks to dedragonslayer for your program battery reset , it work perfect whit IRDA , it help to reset battery 99.99 % , work in Windows XP

Oscar

hello

Thanks to dedragonslayer for your program battery reset ,
I have now changed the battery from my Uwatec Smart Z,, and every thing works fine

Subgear XP AIR should be identical to the Uwatec Smart Z. Did this the same PCB layout. Are there pictures of Subgear XP AIR PCB layout

Hi Everyone!
I have death Uwatec Smart Pro .I will replace the battery.After replacing the batteries caught light service key. Only this key. I read all 11 pages and I decided to reset the device. As described unsoldered and picked up the leg of the IC , an soldered to resistor 1k5 (SMD) , which is soldered to the Ground. Now , the leg IC's connect only to this resistor , not to PCB.
So prepared I began to Reset process . First connect (short cirkut) this leg to +Vcc (1.67v show multimeter set to DC voltage , but set to AC show 3.68V -like battery Voltage) , and now quickly short battery.
I heard a beep nice. :)
I do not really know if unsoldered leg IC was appropriate but when it was soldered my treatments did not help.
W tej to kolejności należy to robić. Nie wiem jak pozbyć się migającej temperatury ale chyba trzeba zaczekać skoro u DeDragonSlayer samo przestało.

---------- Post added March 22nd, 2015 at 05:26 PM ----------

I've chance testing the smart pro after changing battery yesterday. the result has 0.3~0.4m difference. may i ask what can i do the calibrate the difference?

thank you all

Difference ? To many oil inside Uwatec. I thing. But maybe something else.

Sebastian Racięcki;7370552:
Difference ? To many oil inside Uwatec. I thing. But maybe something else.
Ignore it. Acceptable instrumentation error. These are not high precision devices. You are talking less than a foot. Us people not using metric would not even notice the difference since we round off to the nearest foot.

You can not "over fill" the computer with oil. To overfill, you would need to be able to compress the oil (i would be VERY impressed) or trap some air at above ambient pressure (i would still be pretty impressed!). You can "underfill" it by leaving some air trapped inside the computer at ambient pressure. This is easy. Even I can do this. More than once. Some days it sucks to be me.

CONJECTURE: The computers automatically self calibrate to "sea level" at reset time (cheap, simple easy, I would do it this way). Any air trapped inside the computer will compress once underwater and will result in less pressure delta on the sensor from the "surface" pressure. So air inside will cause the computer to read less depth. How much? No idea. Inches, feet?

My batch of uwatecs are generally within 1 foot of at least 1 other computer. I don't sweat the difference.

Actually, it's possible to overfill the computer. If it's completely filled with oil, and then you push the rubber back all the way in along the lip, it will stretch out / deform a bit. Especially on these old computers, the rubber is less elastic and somewhat stretched already. That in itself would not be a problem, but if you then screw the tight-fitting hard plastic back cover over it, it could push the rubber in and create some pressure higher than ambient.

I did that myself the first time when I filled it with oil. I vaguely remember that either the device threw an error when I tried to turn it on, or the indication was way off. In any case I had to let some oil out and assemble it again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom