Need speed control for 24 volt DECO scooter and other parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stilldivin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a 24 volt DECO scooter that uses two triggers for speed control. The magnets in them activate reed switches on the PC board for slow and fast speeds. This unit is rated for 120 feet, though I've had to repair it many times. It uses steel gears and a 24 volt, 6AHR sealed lead acid battery. It looks just like the SeaDoo scooters. I would also like to know if parts are available like the speed control, which is intermittent. (I'm a retired electronics tech. and the intermittent problem is frustrating.) I could also use bushings and the prop. seal, and O rings. Thanks. DSCF1986.jpgDSCF1987.jpg

Since I was unable to replace the 24 volt speed control or fix it, I'm converting the unit to 12 volt, one speed. I have an old 12 volt scooter I've kept around for parts and most parts fit in this one. I switched out the motor, but since the speed control was also bad, I used a glass magnetically activated reed switch and relay to activate the motor when lever on the handle is pulled to run it. It's a cheap fix, but it works. I guess I'll have to bit the bullet when this scooter wears out and spend more money on a better one.

maybe...buy a china controller for bike and adapt it ? it's cheaper and if you are a retired technician you can do it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom