Bumphead Charlie Foxtrot or Never Doubt Wisnu!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back to the original post.... WW I we just got back Tulamben and I was blown away at what a zoo the wreck was at 6am!!
We did an 8am dive the day before and the traffic was fairly light so I thought, "Cool at 6am it should be nearly empty" WRONG!!!
But it really is amazing how chilled the Bumpheads are and in contrast how rude and crazy the rest of us bubble blowers are.

We were at Scuba Seraya and had a really great week there. Will write up a quick report once I've sorted out the photos.

I get there tomorrow for a week staying at LDR.

When I was there last year we were the only ones who did the 05:45 am dive - seems things have changed a bit in 12 months.

Might stick to doing my first dives at 08:00 am and go from there.

Karl

We finally slid out of LDR on Nov.15th. Yeah, I dunno. The bumphead biz was a study in contrasts. People behaving like animals and the bumps behaving like...monks! (As in religious types, not the cell-phone/sunglasses swiping kind in the forests!) It did seem to be large groups acting poorly as opposed to individual divers, meaning a dive guide with 6-8 folks vs one or 2. Part of that probably stems from too many newbies (no offense, we all once were) per guide. Part may be just following the leader stuff coupled with overweighted, unsure divers. (You know, looks like they are riding a bicycle kind of upright.)

The bumps did seem to just ignore it all, kind of like bison at Yellowstone. Big enough to not feel threatened. It was sometimes busier at many other sites but not enough to be a problem. I mean if you are looking around, seeing other divers, you are probably not paying enough attention to the wonders that are right in front of your mask.

Over all the diving was still as sweet as ever. And c'mon. 37 dives over 15 days, $950.50 US bucks. That was all nitrox and with a great dive guide. Oh, and has been noted before on posts, these are Dive GUIDES, not DMs! Get a good one and you will see things you could never find or see. Ours was super and LDR has many of the best.

Leaving Ubud today after a 2 day deco stop. Back to States on Nov.19. Apparently you folks let winter in big time while I was gone. Dang, I hate it when the little umbrellas freeze in my drink. // ww

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom