Looking for best agency for tec diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agency is of little concern for me. My instructor was GUE and NAUI for Tech, yet owns a PADI training center. It's all about the instructor. For what it is worth I recommend the GUE Fundies course as a starting point.

Hey Jack,
first, coming into this thread late, did you find what you were looking for? What did you decide to do? My personal experience was that Tec training and subsequent Tec diving helped make me a better diver. I have both PADI and TDI certs for it and dive with a mix of Tec divers from pretty much all the agencies. Take a look at the standards and course requirements for both, see how they might differ. I think its about who teaches you and what you bring yourself. You have to be willing to practice skills, even after you have those cert cards in your wallet. Then, what can you pick up from the people you dive with? Most will probably have been doing the Tec thing longer than you and of course have many opinions so you can pick up what you think works best for you and what is favored by your dive buddies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom