Scary backflip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My take-away from this is reinforcement to stay clear of the ladder when someone else is climbing it. Falling back in the water with or without fins is much lower risk than having a Scuba tank with a diver attached coming straight for your head! Glad nobody was injured.

I agree. It even goes further in this instance. It's easy to assume that once someone is off the ladder all's clear, but you really have to look past the ladder and onto the boat and that's tough from water level. Ladders are just crazy dangerous. Wish there was a better way that was cheap, easy, and fast enough to replace them. IMO, this is where DMs/mates/helpers really earn their tips.

If the water is calmish I will sometimes take off fins, especially if required. However, if water is at all rough I like to have the fins on for control purposes until I am on the boat. Mates will unclip the fins but they always let me know they are doing it and there is something to hold on to.

Ladders are crazy dangerous ! So true..esp in rough water.

Did she ask for any help? "Helpful" people are not necessarily knowing what you want specifically.

Places I dive where there is current I prefer to leave my fins on, especially with the x-mas tree ladder, just walk up, grab onto railing and remove my fins, or shuffle to my spot, or IF I ask, have the mate pull the spring straps off if for some reason I can't do it myself.

No Not elevators a moon pool or airlock system.

No Not elevators a moon pool or airlock system.

Sure there is, it's call the diving bell and that elevator takes you clear to the bottom.

Attachments

• DCN-Divers-Rescue-Survivor-from-Jascon-4-Nigeria.jpg
    DCN-Divers-Rescue-Survivor-from-Jascon-4-Nigeria.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 255
I think all boats should have elevators.

There is an elevator on the dive boat at God's Pocket Resort in Port Hardy, BC Canada. I can't wait to stay and dive there next Oct when I have a week booked with excellent tidal exchanges :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is an elevator on the dive boat at God's Pocket Resort in Port Hardy, BC Canada. I can't wait to stay and dive there next Oct when I have a week booked with excellent tidal exchanges :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that's the one I was thinking of :)

Attachments

• freedomportsternSea.jpg
    freedomportsternSea.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 223

Back
Top Bottom