Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In don't see a way to order online on the Brinyte website. How did you execute the purchase?

P

Sent from Tablet, please excuse brevity and typos...
Thru Alibaba. .

I have two and they have worked well so far. I am trying to adapt the DIVERITE QRM handle - the screws are a slight bit off

For the cable gland coming loose, I think the issue is NOT the use of plastic cable gland at all. Halcyon and LM also start to use plastic glands. The issue is this canister use very stiff light cord. Any twist between the head and the canister is transfer to the glands. I think replacing the cord would make more sense.

---------- Post added November 3rd, 2014 at 11:14 AM ----------

I also took my light apart in attemp to change to a shorter and softer light cord. On the light head side, I found there is epoxy like material on the inside where the gland meeting the head housing. In your picture, you have white stuff. Mine has either black or clear (can't tell since the metal is black) and the material is hard. Unless I remove that "epoxy", I don't think I can remove the gland and the cord. On the plus side, I don't think the gland will never come loose. Even if the gland breaks, I don't think water can get into the head. So now, all put back together. I think I will use it until I break the cord or gland.

I am not able to take apart the canister side.

For the cable gland coming loose, I think the issue is NOT the use of plastic cable gland at all. Halcyon and LM also start to use plastic glands. The issue is this canister use very stiff light cord. Any twist between the head and the canister is transfer to the glands. I think replacing the cord would make more sense.

---------- Post added November 3rd, 2014 at 11:14 AM ----------

I also took my light apart in attemp to change to a shorter and softer light cord. On the light head side, I found there is epoxy like material on the inside where the gland meeting the head housing. In your picture, you have white stuff. Mine has either black or clear (can't tell since the metal is black) and the material is hard. Unless I remove that "epoxy", I don't think I can remove the gland and the cord. On the plus side, I don't think the gland will never come loose. Even if the gland breaks, I don't think water can get into the head. So now, all put back together. I think I will use it until I break the cord or gland.

I am not able to take apart the canister side.
You are correct. . You might be ok changing only the cord.. it's terrible stiff and not suited for glands i think.
But the problem reported to me was that some sharp edge inside the gland/cable protector tears hole in the cable with time, but might not do so with a more solid and flexible cord :)
And yeah the glands are glued in place -_-

That explains... My recently bought one also seemed pretty "solid" at the glands... Wondering it it's worth effort to replace cable... My main grip with it is that it's too long... What replacement cables are you using?

That explains... My recently bought one also seemed pretty "solid" at the glands... Wondering it it's worth effort to replace cable... My main grip with it is that it's too long... What replacement cables are you using?

You are absolutely correct. The length of the cable bother me more so than the stiffness of the cable.

As for what cable to use, I saw it from here
Replacing the cord on an HID Canister Light - Step by Step

Basically homedepot, 4ft 14 or 16 gauge, 2 wire, rubber jacket cable, about 60 cents per foot

---------- Post added November 4th, 2014 at 10:15 PM ----------

For trouble for me is to find a better quality glands with strain relief in metric sizing. M12 and M14, I think. Anyone know where is a good place for them? I check McMaster Carr, they don't seem to have what I want.

Folks,
Can you help me decide if the seller is authentic? I first contacted this brand seller by email. Midway during the communication, the seller switched to replying via hotmail. I could not trust the seller so I discovered Brynite has an Alibaba page for their products on this thread. Now after the back and forth regarding pricing its time to pay and I've been given another hotmail account to make payment to.

Did the OP and other buyers on this forum also pay via Paypal into a hotmail account? Is it safe?

Thanks for any advice.
P

Sent from Tablet, please excuse brevity and typos...

important notes:
1. You need button top batteries.
2. If you try to use rare earth magnets to turn flat tops into buttons, it will make the unit behave wrong because it interferes with the magnetic switch (for example, mine goes from bright to strobe). Not sure if it's permanent, waiting for these to get here:

Flat Top Battery Adapter | SmokTek.com

I just solder some on them to make it a button :wink: works like a charm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom