Petrel 2 released!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Centexbear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Wow. I emailed Shearwater a few days ago and as a long shot asked if they were working on the Petrel 2 and if they had any idea of a release date.

today they emailed back and said they released it today and to check their Facebook page for details.

Looks like they added a digital compass. The rest looks the same. Same case too.

---------- Post added November 14th, 2014 at 11:03 PM ----------

Looks like new BT4 spec too.

They won't.

LOL Jim!!!!!

I would expect that the logical step with Bluetooth 4 is to have a BT4 AI sensor... And connection to other BT4 sensors, heart rate monitor, etc. Interesting to see the direction, I cannot imagine it is just to connect to apple devices!

I don't actually know what it's made of but by looking at it, I can tell you that it is thick (from memory like 3/8"), and feels like a sort of acrylic.

---------- Post added November 16th, 2014 at 02:38 AM ----------

I'll buy used Predators and older Petrels .

Whys that? Also, want to buy my Predator?

Does anyone know if they fixed the voltage reading issue while using a SAFT battery?

I don't actually know what it's made of but by looking at it, I can tell you that it is thick (from memory like 3/8"), and feels like a sort of acrylic.

---------- Post added November 16th, 2014 at 02:38 AM ----------

Whys that? Also, want to buy my Predator?

Does anyone know if they fixed the voltage reading issue while using a SAFT battery?

coincidentally I'm having such issues, am currently in contact with them trying to figure out/fix what evers going on. I'll post back for anyone who's interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom