What dive computer should I get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Folks,

Like (has worked well for me) the Cressi Leonardo, that I bought from LeisurePro. ScubaDiving gives it a very good rating. Manual is online at Cressi.com Depending on your taste, might be too bulky for wrist watch use. Opinions, please.

Thanks Alan

I'll add my two cents (without reading through the thread).

I'm a "mature" diver (well, kind of) and one factor I use due to my aging eyes is visibility of the display. For me the old Dive Rite Nitek Duo is very readable. I carry two computers (have had one fail on me several times over the years so I believe in redundancy). The other I chose because it is easily downloaded into my desktop computer for logging dives. Other than that, you want to decide how liberal or how conservative a computer to use. With my dual computers, I set one more conservative than the other so I have a range to work with.

heres my 2cents!

going back to the OP. I think you want a dc that can be worn top side also. i wanted the same so i went for the oceanic geo 2. good sized watch with all the functionalities you want. ive been diving with for about 30dives now. however you might have to increase your investment a bit more. i got it for 420$. as most people mentioned if you want a dc AND a topside wrist watch then you'll have to increase ur $$. otherwise you'll end up with a really big dial which isnt really ideal for topside wearing.

many people say why would you want a dc to wear daily. my opinion is that its just that diving is something you're passionate about so some people (like myself) like wearing it regularly. and every time you look at it reminds you of the last dive trip:) i would also recommend the divenav online training and you could check out how many different DCs work. good site to compare different models before buying one.

on a seperate note..the H3 looks ace!! looking forward to checking it out at stores on my next dive trip once its widely available. well done!!

---------- Post added November 22nd, 2014 at 11:07 AM ----------

do you guys think H3 is something you could wear on a daily basis, just as a top side wrist watch?

The Oceanic Geo 2 is currently on sale for $299. Personally, I do not wear it as a watch, but this is a good price for a good computer.

What would you guys recommend for a dive computer? Probably looking at puck style, Zoop vs Puck Pro (not sure what other options). Would like cheap, nitrox capable, will be doing rec diving. Is puck pro algorithm too conservative for diving Palau (5 dives a day for a 6-7 days)? Thanks.

Please take a look at xDeep BLACK EANx, it does not fit into your $300 but for what it offers its a really a great deal and most importantly it can be user upgraded to TriMix under 2 minutes and work as bottom timer, Nitrox or TriMix computer. Cool features like accurate digital compass with guide me function, small and very neat looking cube. State of the art stuff. http://www.tecdivegear.com/scuba-di...nitrox-oled-dive-computer-black-by-xdeep.html

Ha ha ha! That was developed for the military, but we will have more information available after the official launch at DEMA next week!

Ok, moar info nao, pls! :D

Sorry, I just realized that I posted an incorrect url for the SubGravity H3 and T1 dive computers. The website is actually www.sub-gravity.com
I forgot the dash between sub and gravity!

The H3 will start shipping in January. The T1 will ship in February. Once we start shipping, we will make sure that we have them regularly in stock both at your local dive shop as well as through www.sub-gravity.com.

For the civilian market, the main difference between the H3 and the T1 is the navigation function. H3 uses button pushes, the T1 uses a wheel. Both units are full functional Trimix computers, CCR functional and use NFC (near field communication) for easy upload of dive log to your smart device. The military functions on the T1 will not be available for the civilian market. We could tell you what those functions are, but then we would have to kill you! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom