First Draft - Plans for my new fill station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a couple of things. one significant and the others a nicety. First why 2 tanks for o2. I would have just the O2 tank and then PP blend it dwon to 50%. Thats how you made the 50 to begin with i am assuming. . Next the very minor thing. A line to put a few hundred psi on the final stage of the compressor before starting so you have a preloaded backpressure to minimize the banging and 3rd stage stress. Perhaps a checkvalve bypass on one of teh airbank lines. Input it prior to the back pressure regulator for the compressor so you dont prime the filter system at the same time. I think i would also simplify the valving (failure points) and cost by making a normal bank of tanks such as 2banks of 4 or some combnation depending on the gasses you normally use. if you use mostly 32% then i woukd probably do 6 for 32% 3 for air and 1 for the O2. The 4500's for air and the 3500's for nitrox. It appears that your paired tanks have no valves on them so if you loose one of the tanks you loose them both.

Be nice. I am in the planning stages now, so any help would be welcome.

Note on the use of the 8 bottles: I'm still not sure if I am better off with 2, 4 bottle cascades (one for air and 1 for 32%) or a 2 bank cascade for each of 2 bottles each (as pictured). In the picture it uses the tanks I already have, 2 4500s and 2 3500s.

Thanks for any advise!

View attachment 197586

i feel your pain - I have bank bottles, panels, boosters and still trying to figure optimal configuration :-(

It appears that your paired tanks have no valves on them so if you loose one of the tanks you loose them both.

They have valves, but usually run open.

Thanks for your input! There is some info for me to process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom