Whats Bali Like end of Jan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi All - I was planning a trip in 2 weeks but just put it off as the builders have not finished my place.

What is Tulamben and Nusa Lembongan (for Manta's) like in late January. Understand it is the middle of the wet season, I can go at any time but I am badly in need of a dip, I have been out of the water for a year. Also bought a new camera rig 6 months ago and not got it wet yet!

Accommodation suggestions in Tulamben would be appreciated as I have stayed at the same place on the last 3 trips and fancy a change - must be A/C'd

thanks a lot guys.

I've been there the last two January's and the weather was fine, mostly sunny with a bit of occasional rain, sometimes a big downpour at night. The ocean swells last year weren't to bad for Tulamben's shore entry's, 2 years ago required some good timing to get into the water with the wave sizes. My guide was always stellar in getting me and my camera in and out safely, as the sites with big rocks on the entry can be tricky. The viz that time of year isn't as good as I've seen in photos reducing the quality of any wide angle shots, but I shoot mostly macro there.
On Nusa Lembongan the swells could be big some days, and I could definitely see rain clouds on the mainland, but Lembongan was very sunny.
In Tulamben I really like Liberty Dive Resort and you'll find a lot of their fans here.

I've been there the last two January's and the weather was fine, mostly sunny with a bit of occasional rain, sometimes a big downpour at night. The ocean swells last year weren't to bad for Tulamben's shore entry's, 2 years ago required some good timing to get into the water with the wave sizes. My guide was always stellar in getting me and my camera in and out safely, as the sites with big rocks on the entry can be tricky. The viz that time of year isn't as good as I've seen in photos reducing the quality of any wide angle shots, but I shoot mostly macro there.
On Nusa Lembongan the swells could be big some days, and I could definitely see rain clouds on the mainland, but Lembongan was very sunny.
In Tulamben I really like Liberty Dive Resort and you'll find a lot of their fans here.

Thanks a lot DF that's encouraging.

Have you stayed at Scuba Seraya? We had a great stay there!
Hi All - I was planning a trip in 2 weeks but just put it off as the builders have not finished my place.

What is Tulamben and Nusa Lembongan (for Manta's) like in late January. Understand it is the middle of the wet season, I can go at any time but I am badly in need of a dip, I have been out of the water for a year. Also bought a new camera rig 6 months ago and not got it wet yet!

Accommodation suggestions in Tulamben would be appreciated as I have stayed at the same place on the last 3 trips and fancy a change - must be A/C'd

thanks a lot guys.

Have you stayed at Scuba Seraya? We had a great stay there!
NO Jake I will look it up. Did you dive through them or with Tulamben Wreck Divers Centre?

Last edited:
Just got back last week from Tulamben and the build up for the wet is starting but no rain just increased humidity and calm seas.

Haven't dived there in Jan but my understanding is that it is good apart from the rain which as far as I know isn't as bad in Tulamben because it is in the shadow of Agung.

I stayed with and can highly recommend Liberty Dive Resort - a great bunch of guys who really know how to look after you and great customer service.

They have lots of new sites outside of Tulamben bay and if you are into really small macro stuff you will have a ball.

Karl

Scuba Seraya has a dive operation right on their site! It is a mere walk away from your room! We went with them. Very easy! Nothing but good to say about our time there!
NO Jake I will look it up. Did you dive through them or with Tulamben Wreck Divers Centre?

Stayed at Scuba Seraya end of January this year and had a great time. Aside from the Liberty it's mostly muck diving so you need to like small critters, but if you do it's great. The diving highlight was a hairy octopus at the end of the last dive.

The resort itself is lovely, very peaceful with good food. Would definitely return and definitely recommend.

Thanks a lot guys both the LDR and SS look excellent. Will book my flight and then make a call on the hotel.

Is the diving reasonably priced at both resorts? I have only dived with Tulamben Wreck Divers on my previous trips and enjoyed the diving with them.

Thanks a lot guys both the LDR and SS look excellent. Will book my flight and then make a call on the hotel.

Is the diving reasonably priced at both resorts? I have only dived with Tulamben Wreck Divers on my previous trips and enjoyed the diving with them.

At LDR it is about $30USD per dive up to three and then $100 USD for four (from memory) - Nitrox is free and you now get a cold drink and water melon when you return after dives.

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom