NAUI C-Card with no photo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or refuse to show ID and see if people still want your money

or demand to see their photo ID and medical since you are paying them

This is two good ways to be a jerk; I'll bet there are others, too. :)

More on topic: the C-card really ought to have a picture...otherwise you are inviting rejection. Why do that?

Inviting rejection? hahahah, I remain dubious
I have never had an issue and my NAUI card has no picture, no SS#, no thumbprint.
in fact I have not had it quite a few times and they look it up

So PADI cards must be better right? Since they always have a photo nowadays. Shoot those of us with YMCA cards better rush out for a refresher since those were often issued on a typewriter.

My OW card has no photo, maiden name, and the organization no longer exists, not to mention it is in way too good of shape to be 40+ years old. Occasionally I use it as my C-card just to get a reaction and all I get is asked to see my drivers license. The signatures aren't even all that close anymore. Somehow I don't think you will have a problem.

The other thing that strikes me as funny is when they want your full medical history and yet they are the ones that are chewing betle nut and dropping you off to drift Peleliu. Maybe I'd like to know a little more about them, see their license, run a background check since I'm paying and all :wink: just kidding (sorta)

I had no idea it was so difficult for NAUI to put a picture on a c-card.

My NAUII cards have no photos They do however use your ssn for user id. Not a great idea but is may be as good as a picture.

Hmmm.... my Los Angeles County c-card doesn't have a photo... but I can't remember if they had invented cameras back then (but I do know the Internet wasn't in common use). The only problem I've had with that c-card was that some uneducated PADI instructors had no clue what the LAC program was all about.

Once they see your wetsuit, I'm sure all doubts vanish :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom