How to remove lenses that are glued into the mask??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack_K

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I have two masks that I had corrective lenses glued into. Now that I no longer require the correction, how can I remove the glued in lenses?

Jack

I would go with that as well before trying anything involving solvents or the like that might leave a potentially harmful residue.

how come you don't need the Rx ??

If they were installed with the correct glue, they will never be removed without damaging the mask lens. I tried it on 2 different masks, with help from the manufacturer of the prescription lens, and still had to buy new masks.

I stand by my previous post.

try with freezing

won't hurt silicone , most high tech epoxies succumbs to cold (keep it overnight in deep freezer ) and then try to stuck them with hard plastic or hard wood .

with fire extinguisher on dry ice (just little pips ;-) )I'm almost sure it will drop instantly ( but must be mask from freezer to avoid thermal shock )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom