Cruise and diving in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the other problem. They don't offer the dive excursion on the one they put us on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Big change now! I found that I had a few friends that know an executive in Carnival. We sent them a email and a few emails later we got the cruise we wanted! We are going to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman! Thanks to all who replied

I am still going to keep this in mind as I have 2 weeks vacation so 2 trips next year are in order. Bahamas may be the next one.

Glad you got it worked out. For those following the thread that may want to know I will go ahead and report my experience here. RCL changed our itinerary without much announcement thus we didn't know until late the night before that we were going to Nassau a day early. Bahama Divers accommodated us in the change but we had to pay an additional $20/PP for the Saturday dive as it was more than the Sunday one. We were worried about getting there. The help desk at the cruise ship said we couldn't disembark until 8:30. well we were at the 1st floor at 8 am and they let us walk right on off the ship after scanning our cards. We were docked at the far end of the pier so its a good hard 5 minute walk to the cabs so add that to the 5 minute cab ride. We arrived early and the check in process/staff at the dive shop were some of the best I have seen. The boat was functional and safe but needed some repairs. Had a covered cabin with head and changing area. The dive masters and captain were very good and did well with safety, etc. Included in the price is a free shuttle back to the cruise ship dock. They don't pick you up there but they do return you. We were probably back by 1:30 or 2 PM.

As for the negative. The diving was mediocre especially for the price of $140 for a 2 tank dive. We dove the Blue Hole and a shallow reef that was 23' maximum. Saw some turtles and sharks, lobster, etc. The real negative was the dive time. We were only allowed 30 minutes bottom time on the 1st dive and 40 on the second. I think I had 1800 psi after the first dive and 2000 or more left on the 2nd and my computer never got in the yellow. For that kind of money you should be able to extend your bottom time as your computer and air allow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom