Looking for Ontario (or other) team mates!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

madpenguin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings All,

after 450 O/W dives I've made the decision to move towards more challenging areas.

For the past 400 or so dives I've been diving Hogarthian/DIR rigs and worked hard on trim and buoyancy, but now it's time to get in to class and formalize the practices and procedures.

I've been reading with great interest all the Fundies, Tech and Cave class reports with great interest here and all over the Inter-toobz. Have to say, thanks to all that have shared so candidly! One of the things I love about diving is the continual opportunity for challenge it brings. I get a real kick out of seeing our students push through their difficulties and arrive on the other side with that huge grin! I want to do that for myself again.

I am starting the process of choosing a GUE Fundies class deciding where to travel to do it in preparation to move on to the Tech1 level at some point over 2015.

I'm hoping I can locate some like-minded divers in Southern Ontario who might be interested in either joining a class so we can build a team together, or perhaps act as mentors and include me in the team.

look forward to talking to all on here!

Hi there, there is a huge group of GUE divers in Ontario. Where in Ontario are you located? There are 2 GUE Facebook groups, one is Toronto based, for those already GUE trained or interested in GUE, Toronto Area Underwater Explorers (TAUE): https://www.facebook.com/groups/TAUEGUE/
The other group encompasses all of Ontario, GUE Ontario: https://www.facebook.com/groups/98411811487/

There are 2 GUE instructors in Ontario, so no need to travel far. In Toronto, we have Heison Chak, easy to contact in TAUE or GUE Ontario. In Ottawa, we have Steve Blanchard, easy to contact in GUE Ontario. Not too far away in Cape Vincent, NY, is Bob Sherwood, easy to contact on Facebook in North East Underwater Explorers (NEUE).

I believe Heison will be running a GUE Primer around Toronto soon and then a Fundamentals class in the mid to late spring and on from there.

There is a very active community here, so you can introduce yourself on any of those FB pages and arrange some dives with new friends and mentors. They are a very welcoming group and great mentors. I am being mentored by many of them and am working on passing Fundies next summer. See you around!

Outstanding!

I've sent in my Join requests and look forward to making contact. Thanks Ayisha, hope to see you out there!

Scott

Hi Scott, where in Southern Ontario do you live? I'm in Collingwood and I'm also looking for some teammates. Ayisha has given you some good info above. Heison and the Toronto group are great.

I did fundamentals with Bob Sherwood this past summer and loved it. Love the skills, love the team concept and philosophy. I'm not sure what the next step is for me. I'm certainly contemplating tech 1 but right now I just want to dive and consolidate skills. I'm struggling to find GUE divers to dive with in my neighbourhood. It's a lot easier for me to get to Tobermory or Lake Simcoe then Humber in TO. If I could find some more people to dive with regularly it would certainly nudge me towards progressing to tech 1. Keep in touch and maybe we can do some dives together in the Spring and maybe our trajectories will align. Either way it would be nice to have some more teammates when I do make the trek down to the city.

Take care,

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom