CCV January 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got kind of nervous, have Semi-emergency removal of my Gallbladder being done this Monday, but the surgeon said No problem when it comes to diving in January, said I should be able to resume my life to full potential in about 2 weeks. Yeah.
Looking forward to this trip like I look forward to all my dive trips, got some new fins to try out (Hollis F2) and a new can light once it shows up. CANT WAIT!!!! Need to order a light weight hood or hooded vest, as the beanie just doesn't cut it as it fits really weird. Anyone else on here beside ScubaSprout going to be there at the same time.???

Well I can tell you right now, thats not going to happen. Biggest concern i've seen from not just DAN but also other Docs around scuba board is incision issues. Heres DANS link to abdominal surgery. DAN | Medical Frequently Asked Questions
My incisions will be stitched and glued so should heal quickly.

I had a surgery a month before a trip to the Philippines. My Dr gave me Tegaderm bandages to use. You can get them at Walgreens or any other pharmacy type store. They make a great water tight seal to protect the incision. I now carry them with on in my kit on every trip. If you can't find them, I will have some with me.

Only a month to go, my wounds are healing quick, and I can't see any reason for issues. Time to start going to the tanning bed again so i'm ready to combat the lobster red making effects of the sun. Especially since we only get to see the sun for about two hours a day right now in Fairbanks.

Only one more week, packing my bags today :) I sure love checking on the CCV webcams every so often, I told my wife she could use them to spy on me while I'm gone. I burnt myself at the tanning bed in preparation, as its hard to get a tan when the sun is barely cresting the horizon right now up here.

...I sure love checking on the CCV webcams every so often, I told my wife she could use them to spy on me while....

Make a daily "appointment" for her to watch the "dock cam" at the morning and afternoon boat deatures. Make sure you stand in front of the camera and wave like a kid.

CCV has really good internet service (except after 8pm when half a dozen idiots are trying to download movies), so you can use the provided computer in the Clubhouse for email to see if you are making that video connection.

Hey, who are you calling "idiot"?

Actually, we take our movies already downloaded, but are usually too pooped out after 5 dives to watch! LOL

I have to ask what ccv is. Thinking of going to Roatan which is why I'm here. I keep seeing ccv on the different threads and have no idea what it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom