Best place to dive that also offers activities for non-divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did Sandals in St Lucia. Better diving but I don't like Sandals Class system.

Interesting. I know they market different types of accommodation at different price points. Please elaborate what you mean by class system. I've never stayed at a Sandals, but was loosely toying with the idea for someday, so this is an interesting topic to me.

Richard.

This was 4-5 years ago but I believe they still do it. They (Sandals) have at least 2 or 3 levels of all-inclusivness. The basic plan (the one we were on) gives you the cheap rooms usually without an ocean view and father from the action. Fine for us as we like it quite. You only get rail drinks. (generic booze) If you need a Tangueray and tonic you have to jump up to the next class.

The highest level has full butler service in your room. They reserve your beach chair and you don't have to wait in line to make dinner reservations. I'm pretty sure all the plans included diving, But they would cancel if they didn't have enough divers. Couples, in Jamaica often took, out 2 divers on their big old 36' Newton.

Also, resorts don't usually require computers so expect short bottom times. And Sandals will bring everyone up if one person calls the dive. There was one guy that couldn't last 15 min at 35 feet. At Couples they would at least try to separate the more experienced divers. The bad part about diving at Couples is they are only in Jamacia so the diving is only so-so in my experience. (Negril and Ocho Rios)

However that being said, we usually have a great time at the All-Inclusives we've been to. You don't have to think about anything. You're never more than a few steps away from food or drink. Just manage you diving expectations or book with an off-site dive op. I would also recommend going only in the off season. The one time we went to an AI in February was a disaster. Way to crowded for our taste and long waits to get drinks and food.

Back
Top Bottom