Malicious website?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tursiops

Marine Scientist and Master Instructor (retired)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Today, when I go to a new SB page, I get this message in the corner of my screen.

Clipboard01.jpg
The WHOIS for this is a site in China.

What is going on?

Is there any diagnostic information? It would be more helpful to see the whole screen, as opposed to just the warning, like perhaps someone posted a linked image or something.

What you posted doesn't really tell me much.

Thanks.

There was nothing I could see on the rest of the page that was the least bit unusual.
And it is not happening anymore.

My Avast was blocking here for about a month as malicious website and with more digging im sure a false positive. I can only access is now by disabling avast.

There was nothing I could see on the rest of the page that was the least bit unusual.
And it is not happening anymore.

If it happens again, please take a screen shot of as much of the screen as possible. There must be something on the page that causes the warning.

As for Avast, there is a thread about avast and the gzip compression being detected.

At the same time... the site (source code) is scanned daily for any possible exploits in the code, and according to google, we're clean: https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=scubaboard.com

I got that a few weeks ago myself. It did it for a few days then stopped.

I got that same message a few times a couple of weeks ago as well. It was each time I went onto the Accidents and Incidents main page. I haven't had it since then.

For the sake of confusion trying to follow an open / active case, I'm making this one closed, as the issue from a few weeks ago is isolated to users of "Avast" and this is a completely separate issue (or non-issue) that still hasn't been replicated. If someone gets a NEW warning, please post a new thread with as much diagnostic information as possible.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom