Chuck Taylor sizing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got some pinnacle drysuit boots that were supposed to be sized to allow for the booty and sock. IMHO, it just isn't. I've been dealing with it for a couple years. I want an inexpensive boots that are sized correctly to take into account the layers of neoprene/fleece/sock. I wear a size 11 shoe. Does anyone have any insight for the the chuck Taylor sizing? I've found them in the high top for $45. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad so please excuse the brevity and typos. 8^)

I wear a size 10 shoe, and have used size 13 Chuck Taylors in the past and fit reasonably well, although a bit too long.

One problem I had with Chucks is that they are too narrow for me, and the other is what to do with the laces? I always felt like they were going to snag on something during dives. I guess there are lots of things that could be done to secure the laces, but I have since switched to using a size 12 neoprene boot with a zipper solving both problems.

I replaced the laces with 1/8" bungie, and laced them up every-other hole... easy on, easy off.

you can also tie them hockey style and run them around the back of your ankle. If you're concerned about sizing just wear 3-4 pairs of socks and go try some on....

you can also tie them hockey style and run them around the back of your ankle. If you're concerned about sizing just wear 3-4 pairs of socks and go try some on....

Ya, I,m going to have to. I wear my boots year round so I don't NEED multiple sets of fins.

Sent from my iPad so please excuse the brevity and typos. 8^)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom