Has anyone been trying, Dive Gear Express " Classic JET Fins" ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaronad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone been trying Dive Gear Express " Classic JET Fins" ?
The Price is GR8! - And "Dive Gear Express" has a good reputation & products

But I'm curious if in this case? this "Classic Jet Fins" also "delivers"...the JET FINS feeling in the water?
Also how they feel in hand?...regarding quality / rubber / weight...and the country they are made?

THX

They're great. They're as "substantial" as my Jets with a much better (for my feet) foot pocket, and are more svelte or "slipperier."

They're great. They're as "substantial" as my Jets with a much better (for my feet) foot pocket, and are more svelte or "slipperier."

How does the sizing compare to the scubapro jets? My XL jets are going to be too small with my DS...

I havent been able to get them in the water yet but I have a set under my tree as we speak. They seem to be well made and I couldn't argue the price.

How does the sizing compare to the scubapro jets? My XL jets are going to be too small with my DS...

I was referring to the XS Power Fins DGX used to sell. I just checked, and they aren't selling them any more/ I have no knowledge, or opinion, of the "Classic" fins.

Power Fins:
th

Last edited:
I think the DGX Classic is made by Saekodive in Taiwan who also makes many other fins to be rebranded in US company names. I have the Saekodive 2030 fins (which I believe is the same as the DGX Classic). They are great and I did my GUE classes with them and they are cheap! If you ever get the chance to visit Hong Kong, you can get a pair for about 40USD. I am size 8 US Men for land shoes and I dive with DUI turbo sole. For Scubapro L Jet, they are too small in the pocket (and the blade too). XL has good blade size and they are just a bit too large in the pocket. My feet moves slightly whenever I do frog kick or backkick and I never get an efficient kick because of this. The XS Scuba Turtle XL is the same. The Saekodive is just perfect. And the ribs on both surfaces of the fins extend towards the fin tips making the blade slightly stiffer than SP Jets. The pockets have drain holes so they break the vacuum and make taking off the fins much easier than SP.

I just love them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom