UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gordon,

I am beginning to shoot in RAW. What software have you been using?

Michael

If you are looking for software to work on your RAW files, there is nothing better than Adobe's Lightroom (latest version, v 5.7) in its capabilities and ease of use. If you are looking for something "on the fly," there is Picasa from Google for free (powerful software for a free!!).

Gordon,

I am beginning to shoot in RAW. What software have you been using?

Michael

Put your clothes back on and use Adobe PhotoShop and Lightroom as Burhan suggests.

I used a Nikon programme some years ago on my PC but preferred PS. Since the RAW files are big I tend to keep only the shots that are excellent and delete the rest including the JPG files.

Yep, with Sandy Beach. Pleasant enough.

I am used to seeing Scorpionfish there, just this time seemed to be an abundance.

Od Bear, I have both Lightroom and Photoshop. The capabilities of both seem to compliment each other, just my tuppence worth

Yep, with Sandy Beach. Pleasant enough.

I am used to seeing Scorpionfish there, just this time seemed to be an abundance.

Od Bear, I have both Lightroom and Photoshop. The capabilities of both seem to compliment each other, just my tuppence worth

Put your clothes back on and use Adobe PhotoShop and Lightroom as Burhan suggests.

I used a Nikon programme some years ago on my PC but preferred PS. Since the RAW files are big I tend to keep only the shots that are excellent and delete the rest including the JPG files.

If you are looking for software to work on your RAW files, there is nothing better than Adobe's Lightroom (latest version, v 5.7) in its capabilities and ease of use. If you are looking for something "on the fly," there is Picasa from Google for free (powerful software for a free!!).

Thanks I will look into Lightroom in the next few weeks. :)

Thanks I will look into Lightroom in the next few weeks. :)

It's on Amazon and pretty affordable (download $135). There is a good tutorial series on YouTube (Learn Lightroom 5) that will get you up to speed on all the cool things it can do in an afternoon.

Despite having Dibba Rock in my log book more than any other site, I hadn't been there for maybe 3 months. After disastrous dive on Victoria Star a month ago (2m viz, faulty kit, lost buddy) decided it was time to get back to basics.

Christmas Eve and like getting back into a pair of old, comfy slippers. Around 18m viz and 22° so a little chilly in the 5mm but nothing too bad. Not that much out of the ordinary to see, a moray, pipe fish and a small, foot long turtle but just great to get back to a relaxing and steady dive. Couple of guys on the boat said there was a turtle with a fin missing, which I hope wasn't anything untoward.

2nd dive was on 3 Rocks, just around the coast. Viz dropped a bit, maybe 12m or so and while still 22° I started to feel it more. Almost s#&t my wetsuit at the start of the dive. I was coasting along in the zone when an ray (2m wingspan) came right under me, a bit too close for comfort. Thought it was a bin bag at first then saw the tail and let out a scream. It buggered off and then I looked behind me to find the buddies I was leading pissing themselves laughing. Cheers.

In summary a fun day out with now obligatory stop at the 'cuda on the way home breaking up the drive.

That turtle looked in good shape to me and swam confidently enough. Also, according to Paul, it’s been around for a while.

My computer showed 24 C on both dives, and also on the 3rd dive at Inch 1. Was wearing my 3 mm custom Wetwear suit for the first time. Very comfortable at that T, nearly perfect fit. Felt like the heater I had under the hooded undervest was totally superfluous. :D

BTW, the Inch 1 buoy and the submerged float with its chain were gone.

What is it.jpgWhat is it.jpgWhat is it.jpgWhat is it.jpg

What is this fish? Translucent tail and dorsal fin. Back looks like coral. I thought maybe some sort of scorpion fish, but don't see it in the book.

Abdullah, did you spot them in UAE? I have only seen them in SE Asia.

Well am just back after three days diving with Blue Planet and unfortunately staying at Holiday Beach Motel. Unless you like loud music from their nightclub until 3am I do not recommend it, plus overpriced for what you get, not even a kettle in the room to make a culpa in the morning, cheaper to stay next door at the Radisson.

That aside, I recorded 23C each day, time for the 7mm semi dry. I did a test dive with my drysuit but had a leak on the neck seal, needs checking.

Inchcape 1 was amazing on Saturday, as mentioned the mooring chain and 55 Gal Oil drum is gone, according to Paul at DD, three boats were on it earlier in the week during rough weather when the drum parted from the chain. I am sure the divers who were below nearly sh!t themselves …. I wonder which boats?

When we arrived, Glenn from CTD had already put a line on the wreck and we put a line to his boat. Bit of a surface current, but awesome viz, I could see the whole wreck from 20M.

Our second dive at Dibba Rock was also incredible, so many schooling fish, gill raker mackerel, snapper, jack and loads of barracuda plus a massive turtle, again 15-20M viz despite all the green algae on the surface.

This morning only one dive, my daughter was getting too cold, so no point in pushing it. Still off until next Monday and planning to dive in Oman next weekend, however I might try and get a couple more dives in on Tuesday and Wednesday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom