BCS nat'l championship in Cozumel??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayfarmlaw

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
had to make some sacrifices I order to fit a January dive trip in.... One is possibly missing the Nat'l Championship football game. If Casa Mexicana does not get it on the in room tv, are there any sports bars that if I ask for the football game are not going to turn it to soccer? I grew up in West Texas and now live in Oklahoma....college football in almost a religion.

thanks in advance for your response.

Jay

After the clemson game last night it is like bad religion.( go pokes) There are tons of places that will have it. No name bar, hooters, kellys, woody's just to name a couple. Your hotel will probably have it also.
I am going to be there from the 9-25 with my buddy from tuttle.

The No Name Bar on Melgar or Kelly's on 10th Ave would be a good bet to get that game on their tv's

Casa Cuzimil has a number of TVs for sports- could they get it?

Margaritaville got the job done for us a few years ago when Auburn played the Ducks. It's big enough that we had easy access to TV viewing, it's indoors so no mosquitos or street noise, and there's a variety of basic food and drink to keep you nourished. Best of all, it's never busy. It's the only time I've ever been in the place in over 15 trips to Coz, but it sure works for football watching if you're intent on watching a game without too many distractions. Go Ducks!

Ducks vs Buckeyes... Warning: drink beer. The worst Margarita in town is made at.... Margaritaville.

Gene Kelly's place, Kellys Sports Bar and Grill.
He busts out the 5 or 6 foot screen along with the plethera of tv's and has food and drink specials for the game.
Been in Guthrie when OK has been playing and the town is dmn near shut down.

Back
Top Bottom