Recommend dive OP in Dubai or abu dhabi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you saying the newspaper reports of the shark's release and subsequent satellite tracking were all b/s?

From my understanding, the media was not invited to the "release". They only reported what they had been told. If you have any photos of the actual release please share them here.

Capture of the shark well-documented. Country's leading newspaper launches public campaign for its release. People from all walks of life are walking around with badges asking for the shark to be freed. Lots of bad press generated. And the best response to all this is releasing the shark secretly? Now that's a PR masterpiece.

I have never set foot in that place and never will.

Last edited:
I don't of course, that was a genuine question. The whole thing is indeed very dubious.

Sorry! I mistook your question as defending them. My apologies, but it's quite a touchy topic for me personally : )

..mistook your question as defending them..

It did sound that way, you’re right. I was hoping for some facts, although “hoping” is probably not the right word here.

Actually, even The National was skeptical about it. Unlike Gulf News of course, which, to add insult to injury, called the shark “mammal”.

Last edited:
I have dived in Dubai and due to all the building going on the visibility varies from poor to very poor. If you want to go diving in that region go to Oman.

I only dive at the Dubai Aquarium , and only to get to dive with the sharks. as a matter of fact , that was my first encounter ever with sharks, so initially I was terrified when I first descended to meet them, yes because of "jaws" the movie:cool2:, but I gradually discovered how lovely creatures sharks are.so I made it a sort of one of the (must to do things ) and at the top of that list to dive in the Aquarium every time I visit Dubai

here is me diving with them at the aquarium,,,,,,,,,enjoy:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_S-Vzb_hqc

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom