Florida Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
What sort of exposure protection do most people wear when diving in the Florida Springs?

3mm suit, gloves, no hood. But then again, I don't get cold easy.

CHad

3mm hoded vest, 2.5mm shorty, & 3mm full length. With this, I can comfortably stay in water for an hour with mild exertion. But then again, I get cold easily.

Depends on the dive :) I have done the springs in a 2mm shorty, a skin only, a 3mm jump with hood, a 7/5mm semi-dry, and a dry suit :) Generally I use the 3mm or the 7/5mm :)

mgersch@cox.net:
What sort of exposure protection do most people wear when diving in the Florida Springs?

Recreational diving, I would say a 3 to 5mm with a hood would work just fine.

If you want to be comfortable and are going to multiple dives you'll be glad you stayed warm on the first dive.

When I was down there a little over a year ago in December, I had a 5mm full on with no gloves or hood and was ok for the hour or so we were under at a time. Nice that there was no thermcline!!

Jeff

The times I've done Deleon, Blue, and Rainbow River, I've gotten cold after awhile in a 5mm (no hood/gloves).

So next time, I'm planning to try a beanie I bought, and maybe some gloves.

Well I own a 3mm shortie and a 6.5mm 2 piece full suit.
I'm gonna go diving this weekend and I was thinking to wear the 6.5mm 2 piece (without hood or gloves).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom