Mares Carbon 42 First Dive Impressions/Photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you know if its possible to just get the 2nd stage carbon regulator and octopus? I currently have the Limited Edition Metal 42 setup but I love the looks of the new carbon regs with the flew lines.

Zak,

You are most welcome! I've been in touch with Phil Mintz and also Matthias D. (out here in Hong Kong for Asia-Pacific sales) and all you guys have been great! I love the reg. Nice product! Hope to meet you guys in person someday (at DEMA?).

Cheers,

Wick,

I'm not sure if you can. Perhaps Zak or Phil may be able to answer your question. I purchased mine here in Hong Kong with the MR42T first stage and primary carbon reg together. The Carbon Octopus was in a separate box so I assume they sell these units alone. (However, Hong Kong-Mares' policy was to bundle them all together as a set. When I asked why, they were concerned nobody would want to purchase the Carbon Octopus standalone. Your query proves that there IS a market out there!) Good luck. It's a great piece of kit. You'll love it.

Cheers,

Do you know if its possible to just get the 2nd stage carbon regulator and octopus? I currently have the Limited Edition Metal 42 setup but I love the looks of the new carbon regs with the flew lines.

Wick,

At this point the Carbon 42 availability is only available complete with 1st and 2nd stage.

We do not have Carbon octo availability yet, although we are anticipating to deliver this by end of 3rd qtr 09.

Thanks for asking,

Wick,

You can always come out here to Hong Kong and buy one!

P.S. What are 'flew lines?'

Cheers,

c5diver,

I'm going diving in Subic (Philippines) this weekend to test out the Carbon Reg after it came back from the shop here at Mares Hong Kong. I'm hoping it was just a simple "spring harmonics" issue that was causing the slight wheezing/squealing noise at the end of each inhalation. The Mares technician said to me he tuned and rebuilt the regulator and tested it and didn't see/hear any problems but I'll have to check it out on my dive this week and will let you know. Note, this noise was only heard on my Primary second stage. The Carbon Octopus breathed perfectly. Let me know how you find your system.

not sure if his got fixed, but I have had the carbon regs a set for doubles with mr42t first stages and a set on a v32 first stage, I have them serviced yearly and never an issue with them. still very happy with them 5 years later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom