How much air in an HP100 (3500psi capacity) when filled to 3000psi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(p1)(v1) / (t1) = (p2)(v2) / (t2)

as tb said, t is in Rankine (absolute)

Just thinking out loud, but if you are attempting to figure out how much gas is in your tank.
And you are particular about tenths per cu ft.
Perhaps you should concentrate on how much gas is accessible for use in your tank.
Can't think of any regs out there that would allow you to access gas in tank down to 0 psi.

Also if you intend to dive your tanks down to zip, please take redundant supply with you.
I may be self centered, but I really hate reading through accident reports only to find that another diver has been lost to OOA.
This is probably the simplest outcome to avoid, yet it still rears it's ugly head far too regularly for my tastes.
....Heads off to don nomex suit....

Db-

Your 2nd question..."Does temp affect the volume"?..of a fill?...yeah..it does. Without being a jerk, or seemingly difficult about it...please look at Boyles Law. If your unsure of how to use it..PLEASE talk with your local dive Pro and learn what Boyles Law is and WHY it's important to understand it. It can only be beneficial to you as a diver....

Respectfully,

Bubs

Note: See post #21..Rhwest gave you the formula for the General Gas Law of which Boyle's/ Charles Law is comprised of.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom