Your #1 thing you love about diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It can be rare to be so completely aware of your immediate surroundings, and your body rhythms and sensations, to the point where there are absolutely zero distractions. Not so in diving.

It is my therapy. Sorry had to steal that one from a t shirt but very very true.

The stress and apprehension all goes away once I'm in the water, then it's all sunshine and rainbows!

SCUBA Diving is as close as I will ever get to going into outer space.

Weightlessness. (I have sciatic nerve issues in my hips)
Its cool temps. (I work primarily out of doors in SoFla Construction....and it's HOT 9 months out of the year)
I love seeing and protecting animals. (And some of them are tasty.)
Cell phones don't ring there.
I generally like other SCUBA Divers. (Assuming they know what they are doing, can teach me something, or are willing to learn something.)

Chug
Earthbound until death.....
I hope.

Ability to fly is #2, though the DPV makes it a tough call. #1 is going and staying way down there and, even with the surface hours away, knowing I've got things covered no matter what goes wrong. Closest I'm going to get to being an astronaut.

You are right it is such an awesome thing to be able to do that it is so hard to pick one. Really hard for me to pick between escaping the stress of the world and the people.

I finally decided I had to stay consistent. In all my life I have counted the value of what I do by the friendships and people it has brought into my life. Scuba people are especially Awesome so the people win number one place for me too!

To have incredible wildlife experience in an alien environment.

Girls in tight rubber suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom