Critters Of Sulawesi - GoPro Macro Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stunning video

---------- Post added January 18th, 2015 at 12:44 PM ----------

Hey Diver Dave,

From your signature, you have the SRP Filters/Macros and the MacroMate?
How do these two macro lens compare? Which one is better?

This video from onderwaterfoto makes me really want to try macro and I am thinking to get his exact setup in hope to get some decent result.
But I am also looking at the Backscatter system because it seems to offer an easy way to switch between filters and macro lens.

Thoughts?

Sorry to all who had questions. I was abroad for some time and really busy at work. I will follow this thread now more often, so if you have anything else to ask please do.

The gear I used:
GoPro Hero 3+ Black
GoPro Hero 3 Black
SRP BlurFix 3 SO
SRP BlurFix 3 Holder
URPro CY filter
2 x 55mm Marumi Macrolens
2 x Light & Motion Sola 1200
Snakeriver Prototyping Tray

---------- Post added February 3rd, 2015 at 10:55 AM ----------

View attachment 200843View attachment 200844

Here's a follow up with my new Jobe Gorilla arm DSLR Tripod setup. I like how using the SRP tray with the rearward handles, mounted on the gimbal head, it's balanced over the pod arms with legs and twin 2000 lumen SOLAs will be pulled back.

The backscatter twin grip will be used without the Gimbal head on the tripod for a lower profile as needed.

this tripod will be fun to play with for underwater time lapse. one of my goals.

rocky steady using Backscatter's Macro Mate for tiny stuff too.

Serious, this is a dream rig I've put together. SRP's tray is very very versatile.

But not to tangent this awesome thread;

It's not the equipment, it's the person behind it that gets the shot.

once again, excellent video of yours! you set the bar high for the rest of us.

Nice! Thankx for the compliment! If i look at the photos it is almost exactly what my rig looks like. But i also have the srp lens holder with another blurfix adapter. So really easy to switch from macro to wide.

Back
Top Bottom