Backup/daytime light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone recommend a good light to use as a backup on night dives and to look in nooks and crannies on day dives? I used a Dorcy LED light for this purpose for awhile, but it wound up flooding. My preference is that it be relatively small and powered by AA/AAA or CR123 batteries.

Take a look at the Dive Gear Express DGX600. I used one this past weekend, and A/B'd it against some others that are more money and "more powerful. It is the best $49 I have ever spent, PERIOD. I was blown away at this thing.

Can anyone recommend a good light to use as a backup on night dives and to look in nooks and crannies on day dives? I used a Dorcy LED light for this purpose for awhile, but it wound up flooding. My preference is that it be relatively small and powered by AA/AAA or CR123 batteries.

We offer this light for your application. It is extremely bright and well built..

680 Lumen Dive Light | MAKO Spearguns

680-dive-light.jpg

+1 for the DGX 600... best bang for the buck out there, comes with a charger. Twist-on means no switch to fail, AND you can use it on dry land!

Whats your budget?

I'd like to keep it under $75 if I can. I have found the Amazon versions of the 3c and AAA versions of the DRIS 1000 lumen lights and they look pretty good too.

Have not tried it out yet but have picked up an archon v10s, 860lm and can use either one 18650 or two cr123 batteries. Picked mine up on ebay for 42$ shipped

DGX light, hands down. You want the tight spot since it's for daytime use, and while it doesn't hit your battery requirments, the rechargeables it uses last for quite a while and having a second one is much cheaper than burning through AAA's or heaven forbid CR123's

Have not tried it out yet but have picked up an archon v10s, 860lm and can use either one 18650 or two cr123 batteries. Picked mine up on ebay for 42$ shipped
This looks exactly like the Mako. Can the Mako use one 18650?
$_57.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom