Shark Court for Randy Emerald Charters Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish the best of luck for you. Yes I have dove with you before and will do so again.

Although I am not a fan of how these feeds are conducted (not a fan of active feeding as opposed to scent attracting), my concern that this might affect shark behavior in the area, when feeding is not being done, does not seem to have come to pass. AS to the "merits" of feeding or scent attracting in general, there needs to be common sense. Blood chumming off of or near beaches and piers, where there are many oblivious splashing swimmers, is one thing. A targeted feed for consenting divers, far away from beaches, might be something else. Regulations can be necessary but also can be fine-tuned for different circumstances. One size does not fit all.

In any case, I don't think Emerald should be put out of business (or worse?) over this, regardless of the outcome.

So what's the word? I believe I read elsewhere that the state needed more time to depose witnesses for the defense.

just a jurisdiction question.... how far off shore were you? were you in state waters or US Coastal waters.....

---------- Post added January 14th, 2015 at 08:55 PM ----------

There is a difference between baseline, territorial and contiguous waters - rules as it relates to the amount of permitted regulatory authority. Generally 12 miles out - the state cannot pass laws that aren't related to: customs, fiscal, immigration or sanitary laws and regulations or underwater archaeological preservation. Shark feeding does not seem to fit that bill.

just a jurisdiction question.... how far off shore were you? were you in state waters or US Coastal waters.....

The site in question was three miles off shore (fed. waters) but the FWC says it was just inside the three mile line (state waters).

How does a lawyer depose a shark, I wonder...?

--------------too bad the sharks can not dISpose of them.........:).......

Good luck Randy ----I'm a firm believer of shark dives.......

13647034524_eae4070989_z.jpg
[/URL]14 ft. Tiger shark...Beqa Lagoon, Fiji by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

13647173794_8cf19c092e_z.jpg
[/URL]14 ft Tiger Shark...Beqa Lagoon, Fiji by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

13646915135_113965d6d0_z.jpg
[/URL]14 ft. Tiger shark...Beqa Lagoon, Fiji by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

Seeing those reminds me that the tigers we see in Jupiter are just little girls.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom