spare buddy needed! 1st-14th Feb.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Might bump into some of you as I (with 15 others including diving girlfriend) will be there 7 - 21 Feb. Some of us staying at Den Laman while the others have rented a house in the vicinity of Hamlet Oasis.

Very short haircut and black wetsuit...I should stand out in the crowd...lol.

BTW, my stuff has been packed for a couple of weeks already.

Hi rtee....yea You totally stand out :). Our group is staying at belmar, which is the belnem branch of buddy dive. 4 out of 6 will be in bp/w.

Near hamlet...dont tell me you guys stole the Bonaire Sunset Villa from us ?!?!?! :)
Shell

Hi rtee....yea You totally stand out :). Our group is staying at belmar, which is the belnem branch of buddy dive. 4 out of 6 will be in bp/w.

Near hamlet...dont tell me you guys stole the Bonaire Sunset Villa from us ?!?!?! :)
Shell

Oregon diver...it appears to be the case...lol. Consulting initial emails for this year's trip, the person in our group who booked the villa did it in January 2014, more than a year in advance. The way it panned out, girlfriend and I, plus four other people subsequently, booked at Den Laman which is pretty much relatively close to the villa.

Noted for 4 out of 6 using backplates. You guys will stand out as well...lol.

No one going in Feb? :(
yur a premie! We head down first week of march. I forecast lazy diving in my near future...

Based upon scubaboard posters and past personally observed behaviour, I claim you should be able to pick up / join a dive team/buddy as often as you want. As long as you are not too creapy.

In the early years we did Sand Dollar & Captn Don's, we now do Divi. I claim to have observed the same pattern of lots of "dock" divers before / after the boat departures. Lately (10 years?) I have never felt lonely on the Divi dock. There is always someone in my way. Mostly younguns. Either gearing up or stowing wet stuff away. If i was not such a grinch I might have talked to them to discover why they were there so that I could devise a way to avoid them on the next dive...

I think the basic rule of Bonaire find-a-buddy is "talk to someone the first day". We see singles pairing up at the dive orientation, on the am dive boat, the pm dive boat or just on the dive dock.

I have not yet observed a real life "dock hermit" but am considering applying for the role if my divebuddy kicks-off before me.

IIf your buddies haven't already stayed at bsv, then they are in for a real treat! Lamber (owner) is just incredible. And the villa...epic. Perfect shore dive spot too. The last 2 times he was booked before we could book (we only book 11 months in advance, so obviously there are some preplanners out other, haha)...but its all good. Glad it is a profitable venture for him so he keeps it up for the next group.

I am sure we will have dinner with him when we get there in 8 days. Just an awesome guy, perfect host, fun to talk to, and of course the epic villa!! If you haven't liked them on face book..go for it. They post some nice photos.
Shell

Shell, It will be the first time that folks from our group rent this villa. Last time we were in Bonaire, three years ago, we rented a superb villa on Kaya Dorado...villa Eldorado on the hill side. There is even a video of the place on the web. This time around, they were able to find something of similar size on the waterfront.

Rene

The_Blue, if you're still looking for buddies, you might check the ride boards at Dive Friends

We have been diving with Chris and Claire and having a grand ole time!! Thanks for posting/lookin for a buddy :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom