Blue Angle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Mateo of Blue Angel the same Mateo who owns O'hana? LOVE that restaurant, and Mateo, who I only know via O'hana is a nice guy. He went out of the way to help me save my dives for the next day one trip. O'hana has deep dish pizza in addition to lots of other great items. I worked at a very well loved deep dish place in Mpls, and O'hana's pizza is far, far better. (imho)

Is Mateo of Blue Angel the same Mateo who owns O'hana? LOVE that restaurant, and Mateo, who I only know via O'hana is a nice guy. He went out of the way to help me save my dives for the next day one trip. O'hana has deep dish pizza in addition to lots of other great items. I worked at a very well loved deep dish place in Mpls, and O'hana's pizza is far, far better. (imho)

That is the same Matt. Enjoyed his hospitality last year.

There were two Matt DM's at Blue Angel, though when it was Caribe Blu I think there was only Mateo from Chicago. He was still there last time I was there (last May), though the other Matt (from Canada) has gone back to the Great White North.

Yup, Mateo was who I was talking about.

Yup, Mateo was who I was talking about.
I"m pretty sure (and I hope) he's still there. He's a great guy and an excellent DM and instructor. I love his and his wife's restaurant 'Ohana.

Chicago Mat told me how he was off on a far away dive trip when H.Wilma hit and his wife had to deal with it without him, so he had to extend his faraway dive trip fun. I think I remember that right. Always wanted to hear her version. One of times you hope you're wife is not accomplished at voodoo.

Esp that the churro guy came through too!

Javier, the churro guy, is awesome. He is everywhere, it seems!

---------- Post added February 6th, 2015 at 01:12 PM ----------

I'm looking at $650 from Pittsburgh at the beginning of August. $550 to Cancun. It's worth the extra $100 to me to avoid the "bag drag".

Short answer, a resounding "YES"!

We have been three or four times and never had a problem diving our profile. I however cannot remember if you have a choice of nitrox mixes or if you can order what you want. Javier makes the best churro's around, he's friendly also.

We have been three or four times and never had a problem diving our profile. I however cannot remember if you have a choice of nitrox mixes or if you can order what you want. Javier makes the best churro's around, he's friendly also.
The last time I got nitrox at Blue Angel there were two mixes to choose from.

Matteo was still at Ohana in December. And his wife's family own the Bob Marley /Rasta on the sound end of the east side. Matteo is a terrific guy. And the pizza is great. The wive like 2x1 hamburger night. Thursday I think.

Matteo was still at Ohana in December. And his wife's family own the Bob Marley /Rasta on the sound end of the east side. Matteo is a terrific guy. And the pizza is great. The wive like 2x1 hamburger night. Thursday I think.
And his sister and brother inlaw have Shaka's on the beach, 3rd Palapla N. of the pier across from the Air base. Most Sundays when Matt is closed there is a party there around sunset, with the extended family. Mom, Patricia, likes Lion Fish and can be bribed. I think Wednesday is normally 2X1 Sandwiches at O'Hanas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom