LGBTQ Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would a man giving his husband or a woman giving her wife a quick kiss on a dive boat be shoving it down someone's throat? I've seen hetero couples show affection like that and I don't think it's any big deal. I wish I had a girl friend to dive with. Right now I wish I had a girlfriend.

Would not bother me. Just do it before the dive. Not after when there's likely to be a big snot hanging out of one or both of their noses. That would gross me out.

My wife and I recently joined a LGBT dive group and it was one of the best things we have ever done.

The people are so nice to us! On our first trip, they were so helpful getting us situated in the boat, helpful with our diving, and topside, were very friendly to us. We were a bit nervous, this being our first time on a dive boat in cold water, and our first time being with a "gay group". Not to worry, we have made some great new dive buddies and some new friends. It was an interesting experience being in a group where *we* were the minority! It was interesting and fun to meet people of various gay persuasions and we quickly got to the understanding that it just didn't matter -- we enjoy their company. A very enlivening experience for us, we have enjoyed the group immensely.

A shout-out to any NCRD members that may be reading this -- thanks for making us feel so special!

- Bill & Emily

Hello Divers,

Just a note that my dive club has some openings on trips the next few months / years and some of you might want to look into it.

The club is Rainbow Divers, it is primarily an LGBTQ club but welcomes straight people as well. Joining Rainbow Divers and going on several trips has been one of the best things we did in recent years - great people, and fun trips!

The website is here: Northern California Rainbow Divers - Home

List of upcoming trips (details on the website):

Annual Channel Islands Trip, Sep 13 - 16. www.rainbowdivers.org/event-2488107

FeBrina Live Aboard in Papua New Guinea, Oct 3-13. The trip shows full, but up to three participants would like to sell their spots if you are interested. www.rainbowdivers.org/event-2259928

Annual Diving For Life Fundraiser, Oct 14-21. Raising money for local charities that support LGBTQ+ health related needs. www.divingforlife.org

Wakatobi Dive Resort in Indonesia, July 2018. www.rainbowdivers.org/event-2586929

Roatan Agressor in Roatan Honduras, August 2018. www.rainbowdivers.org/event-2617727

Mermaid II Live Aboard in Raja Ampat Indonesia, January 2019. http://www.rainbowdivers.org/event-2548413

Happy diving!

- Bill

Hello Divers,

Just a note that my dive club has some openings on trips the next few months / years and some of you might want to look into it.

The club is Rainbow Divers, it is primarily an LGBTQ club but welcomes straight people as well. Joining Rainbow Divers and going on several trips has been one of the best things we did in recent years - great people, and fun trips!

The website is here: Northern California Rainbow Divers - Home

List of upcoming trips (details on the website):

Annual Channel Islands Trip, Sep 13 - 16. www.rainbowdivers.org/event-2488107

FeBrina Live Aboard in Papua New Guinea, Oct 3-13. The trip shows full, but up to three participants would like to sell their spots if you are interested. www.rainbowdivers.org/event-2259928

Annual Diving For Life Fundraiser, Oct 14-21. Raising money for local charities that support LGBTQ+ health related needs. www.divingforlife.org

Wakatobi Dive Resort in Indonesia, July 2018. www.rainbowdivers.org/event-2586929

Roatan Agressor in Roatan Honduras, August 2018. www.rainbowdivers.org/event-2617727

Mermaid II Live Aboard in Raja Ampat Indonesia, January 2019. http://www.rainbowdivers.org/event-2548413

Happy diving!

- Bill
So happy to see y'all are inclusive. Happy diving to you as well!

Questionable. Someone does not know which sex they relate to.
Huh? Can you elaborate? I'm not understanding what you mean. I have friends who are both gay and straight and do things together (non-sexual, obviously) with both.

I suspect they were giving the meaning of the "Q"

I suspect they were giving the meaning of the "Q"
While being more than six years and 160 posts late to the party :)

I haven't read any of the above pages of posts, but will say, it shouldn't matter. Divers is divers! (Said tongue in cheek, knowing the plural to singular to plural is incorrect, but on purpose.)

Enjoy,

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom