Socorro Islands Liveaboard - Wanna go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also a single diver and am going on Bluewater's Sea of Cortez trip. If you are worried about having to pay a single supplement, don't worry. The boat won't charge a single supplement if the extra bed in your stateroom goes unsold. And Bluewater will surely find a diver to fill that spot!

I am a solo traveller too, going to Socorro on the Rocio del Mar in May. As the other poster said, they will not charge a single supplement unless you ask for single occupancy.

I cannot imagine any place not being filled for your trip, as it is still within the humpback season there. I chose May because Hammerheads are my priority.

I'm somewhat amazed that trip is still available considering that except for a couple other full boat charters, Rocio is completely sold out for both the 2015 and 2016 Socorros seasons. As is Nautilus and Solmar V - the other boats that do it.

Have you verified with Blue Water that they still have spaces available? It's possible they haven't updated their website recently. Rocio has contact BlueWater on their availability page for that week so others probably have.

We did the Socorro trip on the RDM in November. It was the first trip of the fall season. Absolutely AMAZING! Great crew, boat, food, and diving. Our encounters with the dolphins even had the DM's amazed. They had never seen so many up close encounters. Of course we had the mantas and whale sharks. I booked the entire boat for that trip and have already booked them for the Sea or Cortez in August of 2017.

Oh, I would LOVE to do the Sea of Cortez trip. We thought we were booked on one of them, but there apparently were communications difficulties and we weren't included in the count. I was heartbroken when I heard.

Agree with moderator, I would LOVE to go to Socorro Island. Since I live in SE Asia, I will have to arrange a trip to Socorro in December or early January, during my yearly visit to Seattle. I guess need something warmer than my super heavy 3mm tropical wetsuit.

I guess need something warmer than my super heavy 3mm tropical wetsuit.

When we went in November, I didn't even wear a wetsuit the entire week. Water temps in the low 80's. I suspect December would still be reasonably warm as well. A 3mm should be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom