Why don't wetsuits have a zip fly for peeing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All my wetsuits are front zip. I have no trouble getting them off because I always wear a lycra spandex (front zip) skin underneath. Perhaps when I'm an arthritic stiff old man I may run into problems, but now, in the flush of youth, health and flexibility (and a back collar loop sewn into the wetsuits) a 5mm front zip wetsuit (the heaviest I'd consider wearing) is as easy to doff as to don.

A front zip suit can be useful in this connection when on a boat. In the water nature ensures an almost immediate infusion of sterile body temperature liquid into the suit. it would be foolish to waste it. If you stay fully hydrated and avoid alcohol there is no odor problem at all.

That is mind-boggling. And I can think of many responses, but will keep them to myself.

Drink plenty of water and let it fly! Don't forget to flush before getting back on the boat.:wink:

That is mind-boggling. And I can think of many responses, but will keep them to myself.

Video is way too funny...

But i guess I do not understand why you would need it. It is really simple to roll down your suit and pee... Or just go before you get out of he water. It is part of the dive plan.

I don't know about some of you, but I wear a swim suit under my wetsuit. Might make "maneuvering" to use a pee outlet a bit difficult

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom