Toronto Dive show?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toronto, the mecca of great white north scuba diving! Proudly supported by Husqvarna and Stihl "We put the dive hole in ice diving(tm)". look for our genuine discount coupons for 50:1 mix engine oil!

In the old days i believe we had a standalone "dive show", but it eventually got swallowed by the Outdoor Adventure Show and now you can expect a small handful of scuba related exhibits. this interweb thing has mostly killed off these kind of shows...

If you really want to learn about diving...read more on scubaboard. And ask questions!

Found the Outdoor Adventure Show to be a disappointment. And parking in the Int. centre is never a fun experience. Like giffenk said, Scubaboard!

The Outdoor Adventure Show has three locations, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. Looking at their menu, Toronto is the only location offering some diving booths. I have not looked at the exhibitors list but I do know a few who are going to be there, Dewi Nusantara for one. I believe folks from the Atlantis Resorts / Azores Liveaboard may also be there. Not sure who will have a booth in the travel agent category. I do Beneath the Seas (New Jersey), will be doing the Seattle H2O Show April 11-12, and may do Long Beach. The problem for a travel biz is the cost of the booth, air travel and accommodations. Beneath the Sea cost me about $8000 for 2 days. I'd rather offer discounts on packages and not attend trade shows, so I usually contact resorts and ask about dive show promotions, then offer those on scubaboard. In Seattle I will be offering deals on the Arenui, Explorer Ventures, Yap, Palau, Kungkungan Bay Resort, Maluku Divers, and a couple of resorts in the Philippines. We will also be doing flash sales on Twitter during the Seattle show.

In the old days i believe we had a standalone "dive show", but it eventually got swallowed by the Outdoor Adventure Show

It was called Underwater Canada put on by the OUC. I don't think it was swallowed by anything, it just died a death of disinterest as manufacturers stopped coming and supporting the smaller shows. I seem to recall the OUC tried to piggyback U/W Canada with the OAS for a year or two but that died as well.

The Outdoor Adventure Show has three locations, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. Looking at their menu, Toronto is the only location offering some diving booths.

The Alberta Underwater Council has had a booth at the Calgary show for many years so there is at least one diving booth there. Local scuba shops used to go as well but it is an expensive show and they have pretty much stopped, instead doing their advertising through the AUC booth.

Not a Dive show as such, but the Niagara Divers' Association puts on an annual Shipwreck Symposium in Welland ON. This full day event features a full day of multi media presentations on shipwrecks by world class speakers and is now in it's 21st year. This year (May 2, 2015) they have eight primary presentations with a number of 5minute shorts in between and a buffet lunch included. It's theater style seating so you get to see the whole show. No picking and choosing where you have to move from room to room.

Two of the feature presentations are Jonathan Moore (Parks Canada) on the "Discovery of the HMS Erebus", and Ralph Wilbanks (National Underwater & Marine Agency) "D-Day's Sunken Secrets".

Due to limited display space, there are no dive shops or sales. Instead, the space is made available at no charge to non profit groups such as; Save Ontario Shipwrecks, Ontario Underwater Council, New York State Divers Association, Great Lakes Historical Society and others. Many of the speakers will have information tables with some having books & dvd's for sale.

This show is also the main fundraising event for th lake Erie (eastern Basin) Mooring Project.

FMI: NDA Default Home Page

Want to revive an old thread. As a new scuba diver, I am really looking forward to the Scuba Swap and Outdoor Adventure Show. Seems like these are still the only two shows to go to semi-locally.

Looks like 2016 scuba swap was held in Toronto too, and like a 15-minute drive from my place:
ScubaSwap.org - Details

Adventure Show in February will have a Scuba-specific part!
Scuba World | Zones Outdoor Adventure & Travel Show

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom