Why is my video not as crisp? (GoPro?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems to me you are doing things wrong during your "post production" phase; during the grading and the compression portions of it I believe. If you don't know what you are doing, stay away from ProTune for example. Your video appears to be very low contrast compared to the other video. It also appears to come more from ProTune than standard GoPro settings. Your blacks are overly compressed, and you need to revise your compression settings for the compressed videos you are generating.

Could you walk us through your worklflow a bit more?

Starting to think it's just gopro white is less crisp. The white doesn't have protune. I just load into iMovie and I adjust colors to white balance and then I just save w highest quality available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added March 1st, 2015 at 03:46 PM ----------

This is frustrating :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you could share some clip examples, before and after edit?

A bad camera isn't impossible. How do your surface clips look?

I'd suggest trying a no fog strip, just to be sure. I've had a couple of camera housings leak & just a little water in the case can alter the image.

What most people who have been following GoPro over the years have long since forgotten (or those who have just recently jumped on the GoPro bandwagon were never told) is that the Hero3 White is little more than a first generation Hero HD in a trimmer package. These cameras do not do well in low light situations such as diving and were really not that impressive even under normal circumstances. If you want better images, get a better camera. Even an old Hero2 is an upgrade to these cameras.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom