Edge X possible underwater settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

p.inno

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hallo,
I typically use my Edge for Video in low light conditions (40 - 50 meters in Italian sea) with red filter and lights on, no diving mode.

As because of a minor injury I will not able to dive in the next few weeks, I was wondering what results do you think I can expect trying this settings:
1) locking Iso to 100 for reducing grain
2) recovering a bit of light lost (due to red filter and Iso) by acting on the Ev setting (+0.3 or +0.7 for example) ?

Any opinion and experience is appreciated

:happywave::happywave:

Configuring the camera to the above 2 settings will not improve low light performance because they are essentially cancelling out each other. Best to set ISO to AUTO and EV to “0” and use the lights to compensate for low light conditions. Check out our new AVL-Action Video Light for a great compact and inexpensive option

Thanks IntovaJoe,
your opinion is very valuable and I will follow your advice.
The new lights look very nice and small, but I forgot to say that my lights are a couple of Galaxies :wink: and I am very pleased with those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom